• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Cuber

costello

I like pixelguy's videos on youtube. They worked best for me because they were made for his kid. A bit of caution: watching these videos helped me learn the movements without paying attention to the terminology; because I wanted to increase my speed I wound up having to go back and actually pay attention to what I was doing. I don't have a problem with this, but many would say it slowed the process down.

MethicSkull

well i just solved it for the first time with the video help. I need to do by memory now. right?

shrtwrec20

Hello. Take your time is the best advise I can give you. I have been learning for the last 3 weeks how to solve. I started using badmephisto's vids (also his website has handy print outs and a good step by step what to learn) and did layer by layer. I learned a new algorithm every day, sometimes two and now I can solve sub 2 mins using f2l. I know this is not fast by most standards but I think considering only 3 weeks ago I couldn't solve it at all it's pretty good :D

Good luck
Jule

MethicSkull

well i just learned the beginners method completely . finished my solve without help in over 3 1 /2 minutes

Sarahjdes

Ah ah, that feeling you get the first time to put your cube back to it's initial solved state! You'll learn the algs, it seems like a big mountain at first, but once you understand the mechanics of the cube, it'll be a lot easier. Just play with it and practice... And have fun!

he did mention something that sounded like chi in the name. Ill ask him tomorrow. ill look up badmephisto now on a different tab

That'd be a ZhanChi. Is your friend into cubing? I'm pretty sure the 5.66 sec WR was set on one of these cubes, but the stickered kind.

MethicSkull

Ah ah, that feeling you get the first time to put your cube back to it's initial solved state! You'll learn the algs, it seems like a big mountain at first, but once you understand the mechanics of the cube, it'll be a lot easier. Just play with it and practice... And have fun!

That'd be a ZhanChi. Is your friend into cubing? I'm pretty sure the 5.66 sec WR was set on one of these cubes, but the stickered kind.

yea it is a zhanchi. he told yesterday . he i better than me, he does alot of 10 sec solves and literally has over a hundred cubes o_O he is giving me alot of tips which allowed me to understand the f2l method alot.

cubeone

When you get even more advanced, you can start learning the advanced last layer system, though that's probably WAY far into your future (if you continue cubing). Badmephisto's website or iPhone app has the algorithms needed, and it's somewhat self explanatory (and it's also free), but if you are willing to spend the money I recommend you get the book Speedsolving The Cube because it has a ton of good stuff in it that can't really be put into an iPhone app as easily. Happy Cubing!

Sarahjdes

yea it is a zhanchi. he told yesterday . he i better than me, he does alot of 10 sec solves and literally has over a hundred cubes o_O he is giving me alot of tips which allowed me to understand the f2l method alot.

That's great! I wish I had an actual real-life friend who could cube... Oh well, this way I'm the best out of all my friends... *sight*

MethicSkull

i just completely learned "Basic f2l" . my best time dropped 26 secs. im still learning oll and pll.my friend told me to practice using one as it can help my "look ahead " i can do it but it is hard.