• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The New Girl

Guitarnerd77

WCA
2012ARTH02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone!

I'm Jessie, I'm 17 and a junior in high school. Please excuse the fact that I'm totally new to this whole forum and I'm still trying to figure out what the f*** I'm doing. I've been cubing for 3 years now. As of right now I only know one other person who can solve a 3x3. I recently got my pb of 57.9 seconds. I'm currently using a Dayan Guhong V1, but I have a love for larger puzzles like the Gigaminx and V cube 7.

Anyway, I've noticed there aren't many girls in the cubing community. Am I right, or am I just missing them?

aronpm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are not many girls on this forum; it's mostly a huge sausage-fest.

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
haha aronpm ;) , and welcomee ^he's right so be prepared to stand out :O . If you get in any way fast as a girl youre noticed pretty quickly in the cubing community. Good luck!

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gay hey hey!!!

Do you play guitar? I bet you do. What is your favorite kind of music and favorite band? Do you know F2L?

Anyway, I've noticed there aren't many girls in the cubing community. Am I right, or am I just missing them?

This is the Internet so. . . . The only place that is not a social network site I have seen a very large population of girls on is emobucket.com.

You might as well consider me as one of the girls on this forum anyway.

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
Gay hey hey!!!

Do you play guitar? I bet you do. What is your favorite kind of music and favorite band? Do you know F2L?

This is the Internet so. . . . The only place that is not a social network site I have seen a very large population of girls on is emobucket.com.

You might as well consider me as one of the girls on this forum anyway.

Don't worry, we already do. <winky face>

WCA
2012CHIE01
welcome! don't worry about there being not a lot of girls. I think that most of the time you can't tell on the forums from their username (cuz did you know I was a girl?)
what method do you use for 3x3? If you solve big puzzles, methods and approximate times? You know, maybe just a little more cubing-related background info please.
Happy cubing!

EDIT: Oh look I'm in California too!

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
What would you all consider fast?
I haven't timed most of my solves on my larger puzzles.

I've been playing guitar for 4 years now. I listen to almost anything, but right now I'm loving Cartel and Electric Touch.

I've been playing since I was 9 :O , but fast is usually considered sub15 or 20 seconds in this community I would say. its a relative term

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
If your bored of just playing songs you should try to figure out the song just by listening to it. I've been playing for 7 years and it's still a challenge.

Oh, I do, but if you know music theory it makes things like that easier. For example, learn to recognize when a note is a fifth away from the one you are playing and you can figure it out by listening easily, or recognize what notes are in that key and you can easily find what is going to be played. Know what I mean?

Is there something I should know about this Emily chick?

Uhmm, not especially.. shes a female cuber

That's awesome! I have mad respect for musicians that actually know a thing about music theory.

Thanks haha

Last edited:

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, I do, but if you know music theory it makes things like that easier. For example, learn to recognize when a note is a fifth away from the one you are playing and you can figure it out by listening easily, or recognize what notes are in that key and you can easily find what is going to be played. Know what I mean?

I know exactly why you mean. Although I have never taken music theory I have been doing jazz for 4 years and we have learned that stuff from the director. Still doesn't make it super easy.

Cheese11

WCA
2011KULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What would you all consider fast?
I haven't timed most of my solves on my larger puzzles.

I've been playing guitar for 4 years now. I listen to almost anything, but right now I'm loving Cartel and Electric Touch.

I've been playing since I was 7. Fast for me is 10sec.

I know exactly why you mean. Although I have never taken music theory I have been doing jazz for 4 years and we have learned that stuff from the director. Still doesn't make it super easy.

If you are trying to learn in a large group it is very difficult. One on one lessons are better.

Vipervenom9

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to the cubing community. Don't worry about not having super fast times. If you practice a little everyday you can improve quite quickly. I' gone from pb 38.0 to pb 20.32 in about 2 weeks. And don,t be afraid to join comps even if your times aren't the fastest.