• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Groovik's Cube Seattle 2012

listonjesse

I might come! My last day of school (finals) is on the 11th and I planned to go to Seattle (3 hour drive) to do the event on the 10th and visit the University of Washington the next day. Hopefully I can take my Monday finals early or perhaps my classes won't have any important finals.

uyneb2000

WCA
2011YUBE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A Groovik's Cube is basically a Rubik's Cube, except it is 15 by 15 foot. It is lit with LED lights and can be used by computers and up to 3 people can use it to solve it cooperatively. It was first displayed at the Burning Man Festival in 2009. Now its in Seattle

Here is an image of it.
6808756367_606d1a618d_z.jpg

Eazoon

Im gonna be there. Anyone else coming? This will be the first time I see another cuber that is sub-1.

Edit: sub-1 min.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toquinha1977

WCA
2008YIMV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just wanted to say thanks to Nick and Zheng for all the hard work in organizing. While I wish I was able to get in a Groovik's solve, it was great to get everyone together and see some awesome solves. That, and I beat four official PBs: OH single/avg and 3x3x3 single/avg. See y'all at the next one!