• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Soldi3rUnit

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

Im a newer cuber. Only been cubing for about 1 month. My average is about 42 secs and best time is 34.87 non-lucky.

Just turned 18. Ihave a slight photographic memory but with a small case of short-term memory lost. Meaning, Ican memorize extremely well but after an hour or two or if I don't rest after I memorize, I lose allthe info.

My main method is the Fridrich but Im also learning the Roux method. I enjoy Cubing very much spending about 5 hours a day on it.

I own 5 cubes now, two Zhanchis ( One stickered , one stickerless), one Alpha v, a modded walmart brand cube and an Edison. I have a 2x2 and 4x4 being shipped now, but I don't know how to solve them.

My cube Idol is Feliks. I enjoy his tutorials, along with monkeydude1313, memyselfandpie, Badmephisto, and ethany. My youtube name is ali3nhunterdo but I have no cube videos yet.

I'm extremely friendly and easy to talk to and welcome all tips and advice

Last edited:

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

Im a newer cuber. Only been cubing for about 1 month. My average is about 42 secs and best time is 34.87 non-lucky.

My main method is the Fridrich but Im also learning the Roux method. I enjoy Cubing very much spending about 5 hours a day on it.

I own 5 cubes now, two Zhanchis ( One stickered , one stickerless), one Alpha v, a modded walmart brand cube and an Edison. I have a 2x2 and 4x4 being shipped now, but I don't know how to solve them.

I'm extremely friendly and easy to talk to and welcome all tips and advice

*walks out*

*comes back in because disorientated*

Hi S3U,

So you're a "noob" and you're learning CFOP and Roux?...just for the joy of cubing? This thread deserves a sticky.

*O_O*

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
yea sortof. I learned Fredrich completely except for a couple OLL algs and 1 PLL alg and right now I can only do first two steps of Roux. Of course Iknow the beginners method but Inever use it unless I'm teaching A friend how to solve a cube

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Still busy with some those OLLs myself bruv. I'm kinda lazy though...

Which PLL did you skip? The H right?

Regards,

H.

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually no, H perm is easy to me along with the Z. I do the middle slice Algs for them. I'm having trouble with the reverse hourglass (Nb-Perm). What makes it hard for me is that Ican't find a visual pattern. Other algs such as the V -perm and Y perms took me 5minutes to learn because I follow the white peices. The G perms took me a Single night because i learned to follow the yellow peices.

PS- My cross is always white side.

Last edited:

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Damn. I hate the H perm with a passion (starting to get with it though, I just suck at manipulating the D layer atm). The G's took me forever to get accustomed to. I hate grinding algs but yeah...guess it helped.

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Which alg you using for H perm?

The only reason recognising G perms is no longer a problem for me is because I learned from someones tutorial how Ishould hold the cube to find out which one to do.

Last edited:

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
Try this one if you can. EZ to memorize and do if you have a non walmart brand cube.

(M2' U) (M2' U2) (M2' U) (M2')

its a two move alg.

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to bicker about people that whined about Ns as being hard to master. I thought they were easy to execute when I first started learning PLLs. They've caught up on me though ;)

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to bicker about people that whined about Ns as being hard to master. I thought they were easy to execute when I first started learning PLLs. They've caught up on me though ;)

Im guessing the reason why Im not doing good with the N perm is because of the alg. Im looking up different ones for that Perm that might suit my style

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
For N-perms I like R U R' U - J-perm - something (just insert the pair) and its lefty mirror

which J perm you use? mine starts with (R U R' F')

Edit: Wow Igot it. gracias amigo.

how do you set up the cube to get it solved? hourglass sideways? 2 unsolved bottom left and top right?

btw yes Iam hispanic

Last edited: