Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help thread] DaYan ZhanChi

Just remember that petroleum based lubrificants can damage your cube.

WCA Profile
    2010CHOO02

Break it in, it makes all the difference, over time of course. Faz's Dayan 4x4 is only lubed and broken in, and it's amazing, even more so if you know how a brand new Dayan 4x4 feels.

Super Reconstructor
    WCA Profile
    2011STUA01
    YouTube
    BrestCubing

Your cube needs lubricant to be good. Read these links:
    Lubrication
    Lubrication Thread
    High Viscosity Differential Oil Thread

If you have any other questions, please use the One Answer Question Thread.

Good luck with your new cube!
    Read the FAQ & resource pages. Choose a method! Use the Wiki! How to practice & be sub 20. What cube? What store? Post an example solve!
    Reconstruction Database

WCA Profile
    2014HEIK01
    YouTube
    heikkijuho

I'll get my Zhanchi in a week. Could someone tell me about these things?
    1.Does Dayan Zhanchi have loud springs?
    2.Dayan i'll get, is 55mm. Normal is 57mm. Does it make difference?
    3.Does it have sharp edges?
    4.Overall?

YouTube
    pipkiksass

Nice bump!

Zhanchi has plenty quiet springs, if they creak then lube it. Google 'cyoubix lube zhanchi', I'm mobile or I'd link.

55mm is 2mm smaller!! Makes it more manageable for one large hand or two small ones.

Not so sharp you'd cut yourself. The plastic is thick enough that you can file/sand the corners if they annoy you!

Overall, it's the cube the last half dozen single WRs were set with. Unless you're already sub 8 average, should be good enough for you! Arguably the best cube ever made.
    PBs 3x3x3 single/NL/Ao5/Ao12/Ao50/Ao100 - 11.65/13.33/16.03/16.93/17.92/20.033

Unhappy A stickerless Dayan Zhanchi problem

I recently bought my Dayan zhanchi 5 stickerless cube. I don't remember why, but I tensioned it (I think it was becasue it always popped). After I did that'the cube just turned to be bad. It pops every solve, I tried EVERYTHING, I tentioned it, I loosed it, and nothing helped. I tried to tension according to youtube tutorials but according to them, I need to tension the cube until I can't tension it anymore. I tried that and it still doesn't help (altough I couldn't even move my cube when I tentioned it too much, and I don't know if this should happen or not).
    I seriously don't know what to do, I'm can't even solve because I get a pop every second (and believe me, it's not "too much loose")...
    Please help me

WCA Profile
    2014WENW01

Did you lube the cube? Perhaps the reason why you couldn't move it when you tightened it is because you didn't lube it.

WCA Profile
    2014HEIK01
    YouTube
    heikkijuho

Quote Originally Posted by guysensei1 View Post
    Did you lube the cube? Perhaps the reason why you couldn't move it when you tightened it is because you didn't lube it.
    But what does that help if it pops even if it's as tigth as possible? Or did I miss understood? Does the cube have torpedos or not? (it should)
    "The time you cube is the best time of your life" -unknown person. (Doesn't exist) Weilong fever forever :) PB's 1/5/12 2x2: 0.58/4.23/5.14 3x3: 11.51/18.25/19.76

1. disassembled the cube.. check if there are any torpedoes broken or any issue with that
    2. your tensions maybe not the same for each spring

i bought a dayan 5 zhanchi last 2days ago.
    out of the box, it turns fairly fast, it was pre-lubed, it constantly locks probably it was the first time since 4 years that my hands get in the cube that so smooth like the zhanchi.

what i did is i removed the excess lube.
    break in a little here and there
    adjust tension for each spring.. until i get a fairly tight tension (about the same thickness as a penny) from the center cap to the center cubie.
    atm i am constanly adjusting tension, fairly running so smooth.

did you disassemble and check if the tensions are even? cause it doesnt matter if you turn every side by the same amount of moves or something like that it has to be even. you said you checked youtube tutorials, what did you use? you should use crazybadcubers one ( type in how to lube and tension a dayan zhanchi) and do exactly what he does. im 99% sure your cube is just horrible setup, idk what you did but it probably wasnt right especially "tension until you cant tension anymore" is a horrible idea and i would not suggest to listen to that person cause he cant really know what hes talking about when giving tips like that or he was trolling) . so yeah do what crazybadcuber does and you should be good. you are basically making yourself an unmodded lubix cube by that.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast