• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What are your 4x4 BLD memo/solving methods?

Memo Method?

• Centers & edges : numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
DFr -> BRu -> DRb: U R' U' r2 U R' U' r2 U R2 U'
DFr -> UFl -> FRd: U2 r2 U R U' r2 U R' U
DFr -> FDl -> LFd: l' U2 (r2 B L2 B' r2 B L2 B') U2 l

DFr -> BRu -> DRb: R' U' r2 U R' U' r2 U R2
Explanation: do a setup R' U', than you have a 3-cycle DFr -> UBr -> BRu, and there are some cancelations.

BTW, does anybody use D R2 D' r2 D R2 D' r2 for DFr -> UBr -> URf ? It is 2 moves fewer than standard r2, but not very finger friendly, so I'm wondering if it is worth to get used to it.
And also, to those who use "advanced" r2: how do you do DFr -> URf -> ULb? DFr -> UBr -> DBl? DFr -> URf -> LUf?

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And also, to those who use "advanced" r2: how do you do DFr -> URf -> ULb? DFr -> UBr -> DBl? DFr -> URf -> LUf?
1. U per special U'
2. Per special
3. U 8 move comm U'

I wouldn't actually do any of these myself, because that's too advanced for me to think of quick enough to be worth it in a solve. If I ever started learning specific cases like this, I wouldn't call it advanced r2 anymore - it just becomes freestyle because it's no longer based on r2.