• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
So I'm new to cubing. I started actually 10 days ago but I'm addicted and I'm ready to be considered a "speed cuber". I average 1:30 on 3x3x3 and rushing to be faster lol. . i feel so slow :( My passion is music and I have a big background being involved in drumcorps and indoor drumlines. Other than my girlfriend and drumming, cubing is my new love lol. new to the site and hope for feedback from u :)

JohnLaurain

Welcome to Speedsolving. I play Bari and Alto Sax, and this year the band director had me play bass drum as part of the drumline. Hardest part about it was staying in formation and on balance :D

nice! and awesome I started on bass before i went to tenors. If i were to play any other instrument in band it would be a sax. :)

JohnLaurain

All of the percussionists (and I) had to audition for which drums we were put on. The quads were definitely the most fun, with the snare being the bane of my existence. Do you play concert band, or just corps?

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm trying out for SCV Cadets next year on baritone. Currently involved in marching band at school on first trombone and in winter perc on vibes in pit.
One of my best friends got in on trumpet for SCVC this year as well as a former speedcuber, Andy Bridger. Also, SCVC's drum major is a friend of mine =)
Band director and all of our techs (except guard =P) marched corps, and Todd Ryan does our drill =D
CORPS EVERYWHERE OH MAH GAH

Yes they are the most fun! Its hard to say tho I like bass and snare equally :/ and oh ya of course. I love concert band, although I couldnt make it to auditions for tennessee tech university for concert band :( but Im still going to march there. I'll probably have to pay my dues going in as a freshman lol but college will still be fun in general.

WCA
2010DONA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm in a marching band, for my school. I play the trumpet for concert band, pep band, and pit band, but for the marching band, I'm the drum major. I was thinking of joining Spartans Drum and Bugle Corps, but the cost and commitment was too big for me :/

Awesome bro! Im so glad there are other bandies on here :D lol I go to the atlanta show evry year and corp it out! . . favorite corp= the cavaliers I have been section leader of my highschool line for 2 years now, bass capitan for kinesis percussion ensemble (indoor drumline) and I played bass 4 in the summer of '10 for an open level corp out of north carolina called "platinum"

Cost is ridiculous I know! lol . . one reason i havent been back. But i'm wantin to march for glassmen or blue knights in 2013 cant wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZamHalen

In your kitchen.Where do you keep your toaster?
WCA
2014ZAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to speedsolving. It's good to see another drummer on the forums.I was in front ensemble for 2 years and just moved to snare this year. I was going to try out for Genesis DBC front ensemble but wasn't able to (nor do I want to now).I'm thinking of going to tryout for Crossmen pit next year.
I hope you enjoy the forums.
P.S. aronpm says we're a bunch of f*gs