• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

need some help with the dayan mf8 4X4

TheWitcher

Premium Member
Hi guys, just got my dayan mf8 4X4 from speedcubing store and I have some questions (I tried to search them before):

How should I apply the lubix on this cube? what is the best way to lubricate it?
what else do I need to do in order to make my cube better? (I heard about something that called "Break in", what does that mean?)

Sorry if those questions were asked before, I couldn't find them in the search.

LeighzerCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Take it ALL the way apart. Until you get to that pseudo 3x3 in the center. Then move one of those and fit lube in. Then loosen the 3 screws of the pseudo 3x3 just a little (45-180 degrees). Work around the lube a little bit in the pseudo 3x3. Put lube on the ball core itself. Then full reassemble it. And fit lube where it’s needed and work it in. Solve it a lot and break it in (This is working the plastic and making it faster, smoother, etc.) Then enjoy your Dayan mf8 4x4. I recommend putting lubix in the very internals to get the best speed, but once should be enough. I hate taking apart and reassembling puzzles although 4x4's aren't that bad. I guess it depends how anal you are about how well lubricated your puzzle is.

Edit: My 100th post! Yay!

Last edited: