• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] V-Cube 7

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Above Average

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Average

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Below Average

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
This thread is for reviews of the V-Cube 7. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

Last edited by a moderator:

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
Where the puzzle was purchased: V-Cube booth in MCO 2010
When the puzzle was purchased: December 19th 2010
Thoughts on the puzzle: Excellent puzzle, initially really stiff and awkward, but after lube and a lot of solves it gets considerably better. The size makes it difficult for people with smaller hands, but it gets easier over time to manipulate the puzzle. It is easily the best V-Cube, without any mod needing to improve its quality. Stickers are alright, I'm not really fussy about them, and they still stay on quite well after several hundred solves. The only problem with mine is it's gummy before any solves, but after it 'warms up', it gets better. It may be because of the excess lube inside. And the centers do pop, but nothing major and is easily fixed. As long as you turn accurately this cube is just great.

As most of us know, V-Cubes is the first company to produce a 7x7, and it is widely regarded as the best V-Cube, even more so after the appearance of the ShengShou 5x5. I know it's been 4 years since the puzzle was introduced, but I'm still interested in seeing what people think of it and it might be able to help new cubers decide to buy it (or not).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jus1201

Purchased: Amazon
Date Purchased: March 21st, 2012
Thoughts-
Okay, First things first, I am a brand new cuber (started about a month and a half ago) so i dont know much. I really like my V Cube 7 because of its challenging nature but at the moment it is hard to move. So i lubed it with some lubix, and it was a little better. Still though i was getting some hand craps from it (lol). Any help?

James Ludlow

Premium Member
WCA
2009LUDL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where the puzzle was purchased: v-cubes.com
When the puzzle was purchased: June/July 08
Thoughts on the puzzle: The only 7x7 i have ever owned (except for a black one, which i only got to swap for my brothers broken in 6x6)

I also took it apart and found that the red side is much looser than the others. How can i adjust it?

Knock the rivet in a little.

AndersB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BERG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Purchased: Teknikmagasinet in Skanstull, Stockholm.
When the puzzle was purchased: April 2011

Thoughts: V-cube 7 is my oldest cube, that is still my main for an event. I love the cube, it's challenging and fun to solve, and I've never really had any problem with it. It feels really sturdy, and pops only occasionally. At first the cube didn't turn that good, but with almost a year of solving, and lubing, it's quite good. Stickers aren't the best quality, but I like the shades. Corner cutting of this cube is surprisingly good. Overall, a puzzle with very high quality, in my opinion.