• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How is the V-Cube 3?

Eileen

Hey,
I may would like to buy me the new V-Cube 3... but what do you think about the V-Cube 3? Is it a good cube for speedcubing? How is the cornercutting? is it better in pillowed or normal? Must I do modifikation? Do you have any reviews/oppinions/knowledge? Hoping for answers ^_^
Greetings!

CubeTube

Hey there,
I've been borrowing a friend's unpillowed one for two weeks now, and personally, I'd recommend you to go with a Dayan Cube for 3x3 Speedsolving, they're just faster, smoother and the cornercutting is way better than on the V-cube, so go with a Guhong or a ZhanChi, you won't regret it.
But if you really wan't to get one, get a pillowed one (for collection purposes :D ).

Hope I could help, ct

balloon6610

I tried V-cube 3 yesterday from my friend play it with my guhong over and over again i have the result that V cube 3 is decent but it 100 % worse than a guhong since guhong can glide more smoothly and cut corner better although V cube 3 is faster. I recommend guhong or dayan zhanchi :)

WCA
2011HAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The V-Cube 3 is good, but any Dayan cube (except perhaps the first) > V-Cube 3, IMO, which also happens to be the general consensus.

I'd recommend one of the Dayans. Zhanchi is the most popular, but my personal favourite is the Lunhui.

balloon6610

The V-Cube 3 is good, but any Dayan cube (except perhaps the first) > V-Cube 3, IMO, which also happens to be the general consensus.

I'd recommend one of the Dayans. Zhanchi is the most popular, but my personal favourite is the Lunhui.

Yeah V-cube 3 will better than anything else if dayan never exist.

CubeAddct

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently posted some reviews on both the V-cube 3 and 3b. I personally like my ZhanChi, but I still pull my V-cube out and play with it because it turns well and is fun to solve with. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: