• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rowe Variation: My new last slot/OLL experiment

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't understand why you can't just learn zz method instead of a bunch more algorithms

...where did that come from? ZZ and OLS have barely anything in common. And spoiler alert: ZZ is slower than CFOP for 2H for just about everyone.

Not a good bump.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sample size is always relevant for discussing the meaning of pretty much any statement like that, bad citation. There are probably <20 people who use ZZ competitively. If you took 20 random CFOP users from the database you'd find that ZZ was by far the faster method. Does that lead you to believe that ZZ is faster now? No.

Personally speaking I think ZZ can definitely be faster than CFOP, it's just that it is much higher skillcap. I got to ~12 second average with ZZ after practising for a month when I was around 9ish at CFOP, and I'd barely scratched the surface of where you can go with it, and my EOLine was awful.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sample size is always relevant for discussing the meaning of pretty much any statement like that, bad citation. There are probably <20 people who use ZZ competitively. If you took 20 random CFOP users from the database you'd find that ZZ was by far the faster method. Does that lead you to believe that ZZ is faster now? No.

Personally speaking I think ZZ can definitely be faster than CFOP, it's just that it is much higher skillcap. I got to ~12 second average with ZZ after practising for a month when I was around 9ish at CFOP, and I'd barely scratched the surface of where you can go with it, and my EOLine was awful.

This is true, I didn't think about sample size. I think it could be faster, but too many people use CFOP and don't want to switch to it.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

This is true, I didn't think about sample size. I think it could be faster, but too many people use CFOP and don't want to switch to it.