• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubewhiz

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
Are you referencing PHP include()'s? Those are quite nifty. I store my base skeleton of my site in some files and build my content around that. My actual files for my site aren't huge at all, due to the include()'s given. They make it so easy to do site wide changes :). Love 'em.

Yeah, so awesome. The header, navigation, and footer are each in their own separate files and just referenced. It's been making my life so much easier. I remember updating each page manually in the old days. One of my old websites used frames, which at least allowed sitewide changes, but frames have their own set of problems we don't need to get into.

Eazoon

Example

What do you mean? Do you mean pictures in general or cube graphics? Can you show me an example?

here is an example:

14x2kvp.jpg
[/IMG]

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
I sent one last request to Parcom to fix that Service Unavailable error. If they don't fix it, I will seek a new host.

On a side note, I'm pretty happy with the transfer of most of the content and how everything has come out so far. I will continue to work on the sections I haven't gotten to yet during this week.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
I posted in the Coding/Web Help thread re: the problem I am having about the "Service Unavailable" errors. This is what they told me:
Bob -

This isn't about bandwidth at all. It's about the number of connections to your site at any given time. No site can have unlimited connections or it would have the ability to overrun the server and shut down other sites.

Each account has a limited number of connections per second. Isolating your site (which was done) helps protect you from other sites so that you are not sharing resources with other customers. If you have scripts that fail to close or if you are having many hits per second to your site that are maintaining a connection to the site indefinitely, then that can affect the performance.

You also share the resources between 2 websites. You are not limited in your bandwidth to the sites, but the sites do share the connections that are allowed. I have increased the connections as much as I can.

We usually encourage customers to make sure that scripting sessions close properly. In all reality - your site would probably run faster/more efficiently on our Linux cloud servers, but we don't offer unlimited bandwidth there. Those packages are newer and handle the connection requests better.

Your site is visited by many bots and spiders and those could be tripping you up.

Bandwidth is not the problem at all for your site - it is the sheer number of hits and connections to the site that you are getting. That is what is causing the errors that you see. Your site is out of resources as far as the amount of visitors it can accomodate per second.

I'll be waiting to hear back in the other thread about if there is any validity to this. All details are in that other thread.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
i downloaded a few oh oll videos but none of them show the algs using oh

Whoops! I thought I removed all the video links. I haven't done any videos yet. I have some ideas for how I'm going to implement videos that are going to be pretty awesome, but that's in the future.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
Things seem to be going much better. I'll be working on adding videos soon. I need to figure out my tripod situation how and where I'll mount a camera and at what angle.

On a side note, I've finished the beginner pages, OH OLL and OH PLL pages, 2H OLL and 2H PLL pages, COLL, WV, 2x2 Ortega, Team BLD codes, and moved recognition for OLL and PLL to separate pages to keep those alg pages a bit cleaner.

I've also finally published my method for Pyraminx.

I also just about finished the pages on 4x4 Reduction (I'm certainly no authority on big cubes--those pages are for beginner/intermediate solvers).

Most of the printable pages are out of date, but I'm working on that. It will be easier to keep those up to date because I've been putting all of the algs into a variables.php file and recalling them that way. Therefore, I don't have to manually update individual algs on the printable page--just re-save the printable page as a .pdf.

Whoo! :)

CoryThigpen

Premium Member
WCA
2011THIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In addition to WV I decided I also want to learn the COLL algs. Bob, what's going on with you sune/anti-sune algs? You list the alg with an explanation of how you execute/recognize it, but then say in the title paragraph that you just apply sune/anti-sune and then the PLL. Are you listing the algs for people who want to learn them, but find it faster to not use COLL?

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
In addition to WV I decided I also want to learn the COLL algs. Bob, what's going on with you sune/anti-sune algs? You list the alg with an explanation of how you execute/recognize it, but then say in the title paragraph that you just apply sune/anti-sune and then the PLL. Are you listing the algs for people who want to learn them, but find it faster to not use COLL?

For those cases, yes. I no longer use COLL for Sune/Antisune.