• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

"Match the scramble" race thread

thackernerd

WCA
2011THAC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is going to be a forum competition where you use two cubes. You have scramble one cube and then use the other cube to match what the solved one looks like. When you first try it it is really confusing and difficult but the more you do it the easier it is to solve. Every two weeks on Friday night I will give you guys three scrambles. You just have to find the average of those three solves and that will be your time. I hope you guys have a fun time on this thread!

pi.cubed

2:41.44, 2:18.36, 2:43.88 = 2:34.56

Can we check the scrambled cube (the one we are trying to replicate) as many times as we want during the solve?

Thanks.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your regular speed solving method.

Have you tried that? The recognition is too hard to do at andy speed. I plan out the cross during inspection then place in all the edges for F2L then place those corners in. For LL I noob it because the recognition is super easy. Doing this method I get 1:10 while I only do 0-20 solves a month for the weekly.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
F2L pairs really aren't that hard to do, although I add extra moves for some cases because it's hard to see the normal "algorithm" for inserting a pair (what works intuitively with proper pairs is harder for me to see when matching a scramble). It's the last layer where I do things differently, since I can't recognize full OLL or full PLL cases - I permute edges, then orient them, then permute corners, then orient them for the last layer. I also get about 1:10 average (well, 1:15, anyway), but I'm significantly slower at normal 3x3x3. I also only "practice" when doing the five solves per week for the weekly competition.