• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Accomplishment Thread

D

Daniel Lin

UF pb, day 3 of UF practice

22.43 F' R' D' B L' U' R' U2 R2 U' L2 D2 R2 B' L2 F2 R2 U2 B U2

[U L2 U', M']
[M', U' L' U]
[l' U':[U', l E' l']]
[R'M':(U' M' U' M)*2]
[M D' M', U']

[U:[R' D2 R, U]]
[l':[U2, R' D2 R]]
[z R':[R' D R, U']]
[R' U:left sune right sune]

Hari

WCA
2013ANIR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good 5BLD 2 mean for me. First one nearly exec PB but had a 10 sec pause in centers. Last one a second off PB. Still can't break 7:30 :/
Session average: 8:07.60
1. 8:07.60[4:42.33] U' B2 D2 L2 U Bw' U B' D2 Fw L' Bw D Bw2 L Fw' D2 Fw Rw' U2 Fw Uw' Lw2 U Fw B D2 R' Fw Rw Fw2 Dw Fw' Bw' D2 Rw2 F' Uw' Fw Rw B' F2 Bw' Uw' L Bw L U' F' Dw F2 Uw B' Uw R Lw' Fw2 R L U2
2. (DNF(8:34.68)[5:40.63]) Bw L R' Fw2 B' D2 Uw' R Lw' D' Rw' U2 R2 Fw U2 B L Fw2 Bw' Uw Bw Fw Rw2 Dw' Lw' Uw' Fw' Bw2 F' Dw2 Fw2 Bw' Dw' Uw' D2 B2 R2 Bw Dw2 Lw2 F2 Lw F2 L2 F2 Uw L2 D2 Lw2 F' D2 Bw U2 L' Bw Fw2 Rw Bw B' Uw'
3. (7:34.32[3:59.12]) Lw D' Dw' L F2 L' B' Lw' R Dw' D' L2 Fw2 Bw2 Uw' Bw Dw Rw' Bw L2 Fw L2 Dw' Lw D' U2 Lw2 Fw U F' Fw2 Dw' Bw R Dw2 Bw R2 Rw' U2 Lw R D2 Bw2 F' U' Rw2 F Lw Bw Dw' Uw2 D2 Fw2 R' D2 Rw R' B Dw' Lw

S

Scruggsy13

6:45.274 4BLD PB in the weekly competition. Also got a 13/14 in 54:27. The mistake was two flipped edges which is annoying, but for my first attempt at 14 I'll take it.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
http://www.cubecomps.com/live.php?cid=2014&compid=10

The Mental Breakdown Germany 2017 was the first comp with a second round in 4bld.
Did my first Mo3 in the first round and added another success in the final round (awful scramble: obvious nice centers but 22 wings in 27 targets plus corners-parity).
So I am the first one, who ever solved 4 4bld in a row at an comp :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Jan, István and Marcel got an Ao5.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Official 23/25 MBLD

pretty bad conditions for the attempt, a couple distractions throughout and I was very tired

I had a duplicate scramble that I didn't bother fixing because I was low on time and memorization capacity so I intentionally DNFed (solved it BLD afterwards haha)

My memo was extremely slow for the first 12 or so cubes because of how concerned I was about the duplicate scramble and couldn't focus

Still satisfied with the attempt given those conditions, I also slightly changed my review strategy to allow myself to memo in time which I was happy with

What the hell.

I've seen people realise they have duplicate scrambles maybe half way through memorisation, I don't understand why you didn't tell the judge and get it rescrambled while you memorised other cubes. I guess that's the last thing you want to think about during the attempt.

Fair play for not attempting the scramble, though.

EDIT: My silly accomplishment, only a Mo3 today:

2:02.93, 2:24.38, 2:06.70 = 2:11.34 Mo3

Maybe time for some fingertricks.

Last edited:

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What the hell.

I've seen people realise they have duplicate scrambles maybe half way through memorisation, I don't understand why you didn't tell the judge and get it rescrambled while you memorised other cubes. I guess that's the last thing you want to think about during the attempt.

Fair play for not attempting the scramble, though.

I tried to get their attention and fix it like I've done before but they didn't notice me...

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Official 23/25 MBLD

pretty bad conditions for the attempt, a couple distractions throughout and I was very tired

I had a duplicate scramble that I didn't bother fixing because I was low on time and memorization capacity so I intentionally DNFed (solved it BLD afterwards haha)

My memo was extremely slow for the first 12 or so cubes because of how concerned I was about the duplicate scramble and couldn't focus

Still satisfied with the attempt given those conditions, I also slightly changed my review strategy to allow myself to memo in time which I was happy with
What was your review strategy and what did you change it to? I'm still trying to settle on one.

sigalig

WCA
2016SIGG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
19/20 multibld PB, 58:18.82[40:41.90]. DNF was 2 flipped edges that I missed during the memo stage :(((((((
Fastest memo per cube by a good bit, most points ever + fastest ever attempt at 20 cubes by ~1:30.
I think I'll probably just go for 22 cubes next, going for 20 kinda seems like a waste of time since it is kind of obvious to me now that I am capable of 20 sub-hour.