• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold Accomplishment Thread

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Talk about redemption. After 3 super close attempts yesterday I got my first 3BLD success. So happy because it had everything: cycle breaks in edges and corners, parity, two flipped edges, and a CCW corner twist. But yes time to go get another success.

That must feel great! Congrats.

My PB used to be 1:58, and then this happened:
1:46.31 - B2 L2 D2 F D2 B2 F' D2 L2 R2 F' U R2 B' U L B F2 U2

The worst part is that I had a like 5 second pause for the very last pair, because it was a commutator. (I use M2 not comms, but for the "bad stickers" in the M slice I just use comms because learning the algs for those cases was too much effort.) I had two sub-PB DNFs before this, a 1:44 where I memo'ed the wrong sticker on the right piece, and a 1:43 where I executed a comm with the wrong sticker on the right piece.

By the way, I would appreciate it if someone could reply to my question in the BLD OAQT :)

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
But what if there was only one flipped edge, meaning that you would have to flip it with your buffer, how would that work?
Sometimes I'd flip it and my buffer at the start of the solve, other times I'd leave it until the end. I usually do the first one with corners and the second with edges, since it's harder to remember corners at the end of the solve (two different orientations).

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
Finally understanding why my success rate is so bad on 3BLD! When I get to the buffer piece, instead of memorizing that piece, I would break into a new cycle the piece before. Whoops... xD. Got a 5:19.21 success today (Not even close to PB but still), so I'm pretty happy! Good thing I figured this out right before my comp on saturday.

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
8/9 multi BLD in 35:50

The cube I didn't get was because I couldn't remember the corner memo on the last cube. Spend at least 2 minutes trying to figure it out, but with no success.

My first actual MBLD since US Nats last year. I keep putting off practicing it for Worlds, finally decided to do a decent sized one today. I was very tired though and almost fell asleep half way through :p