• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Melbourne Big Cubes Open 2012

SoLarisAU

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
WCA
2010EVEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Next Comp is going to be in six weeks from now. the event are as follows: 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6 and finally 7x7. To answer some questions yes no 2x2 because this is a comp for big cubes. Two there are only going to be 2 rounds of 3x3 ie: firsts round then a final.
Three please email me ([email protected]) if you would like to have an event added such as 3x3Bld and i will see what i can do. If you email me with 2x2 like i have already said this comp will not have 2x2.

Rounds format:
(Rounds including finals)

3x3 - 2 Rounds

4x4 - 3 Rounds

5x5 - 3 Rounds

6x6 - 2 Rounds

7x7 - 2 Rounds

aronpm

If you email me with 2x2 like i have already said this comp will not have 2x2.

Rounds format:
(Rounds including finals)

3x3 - 2 Rounds

4x4 - 3 Rounds

5x5 - 3 Rounds

6x6 - 2 Rounds

7x7 - 2 Rounds

?!

wat

Florian

WCA
2010KREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Next Comp is going to be in six weeks from now. the event are as follows: 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6 and finally 7x7. To answer some questions yes no 2x2 because this is a comp for big cubes. Two there are only going to be 2 rounds of 3x3 ie: firsts round then a final.
Three please email me ([email protected]) if you would like to have an event added such as 3x3Bld and i will see what i can do. If you email me with 2x2 like i have already said this comp will not have 2x2.

Isn't supposed to be called something like Melbourne Big Cubes or something. So no BLD.
It's alright like that.
And for the Rounds i don't know why people are complaining, why not having three rounds?
Today we had 19 people doing 4x4 and 13 people doing 5x5.
1st 19(or 13) 2nd 8 Final 4.

But yeah, when Joshua is organising it he(+delegate) should kinda decide

rubiksarlen

WCA
2011TANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If that's so, then 4BLD and 5BLD events should be included too, since they're still big cubes. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: I am referring to Florian's earlier post, about the competition being only for big cubes.

Florian

WCA
2010KREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If that's so, then 4BLD and 5BLD events should be included too, since they're still big cubes. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: I am referring to Florian's earlier post, about the competition being only for big cubes.

It would cost too much time and there would be only 3 persons who could solve a 5x5 BLD and 4(Jason?) who can solve a 4x4 BLD.

SoLarisAU

WCA
2010EVEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok. So the comp will be in April sometime. No BLD. I think i'll just stick with the events i already put down. Just before this comp there is a Sydne comp that has bld and stuff. Maybe OH not sure. I'll see what happens with the times of the events and how much time we have. There will be comps later on with Bld, OH and pyra or stuff like that. So if you dont like solving 4x4 or 5x5 etc then you dont have to come.

kirtpro

WCA
2010PROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
our sydney comp may not go ahead if we dont get a venue

What I've heard from Tim and Andrea is that CubeSoc (Society part of USYD) is currently busy with O-Week and may try getting a venue (maybe at their campus) after O-Week is done.

Anyway, I'd talk about the possibility of a Sydney comp at the Sydney Autumn 2012 thread instead. (Plus, comps aren't "Happen on this day/month or not at all").

About the Big Cubes Open...
I'm not sure if I'm particularly interested.

But... I might start just doing 4x4 and up mainly though lol

SoLarisAU

WCA
2010EVEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i have been working on the dates of when Melbourne Big cube open will be on and i'm tossing up between before or after Sydney. Also about 2x2 and bld i think i'll make another comp 6 or 7 weeks after Melbourne Big Cube Day for Bld, 2x2 and other events. It may look something like this:

2x2 - ?
3x3 - ?
4x4 - ?
3x3bld - ?
4x4bld - ? - Not sure
5x5bld - ? - Not sure
MultiBld - ?

^^^Events may be dropped and/or added

Still the main points of these comps is like a little filler in between the main Melbourne Comps such as Summer winter opens.