• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubecomps.com - for delegates and organizers

cubizh

WCA
2014GOME07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Feature request: Add a link to the main cubecomps webpage from within a competition page (so you can go through different competitions without having to use the back back back back back back back button, or retype the URL)

Thank you :)

Luis

WCA
2009PARE02
Cubecomps Mobile & API

CUBECOMPS MOBILE

A good friend of mine (Franciso Pérez aka Cisco or Ciscou), a cuber and a professional web developer, has just finished a mobile version of the public part of Cubecomps:

m.cubecomps.com

This new feature is connected to cubecomps.com in real time. From now on, any connection attempt to cubecomps from a handheld device will be seamlessly redirected to the new domain.

The new domain offers a nice bundle of advantages: for one thing, it's hosted in a separate server. Besides, it caches the results for five minutes, so that any series of matching queries within this period of time will hit cubecomps.com just once. Good tactics to release the main server from an important percentage of the traffic. Hopefully, this will probe specially helpful in case of main competitions.

Last but not least, Cubecomps Mobile renders the page in a mobile-friendly fashion. I'm absolutely sure that once you try the mobile version, you will not want to see the desktop appearance of cubecomps any more in your phone screen.

CUBECOMPS API

In regards with that above, I'm glad to announce that Cisco has also implemented an interesting API to Cubecomps' results into Cubecomps Mobile.

The way it works can't be easier: just add ".json" to any valid URL, and Cubecomps Mobile will revert to you with the result of the query in JSON format. That easy!

If you were planning to develop an app for Android or iOS, your chance for the Glory is here!!!

Thanks so much, Cisco --your efforts and dedication are highly appreciated.

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Be sure Luis is doing everything he can to fix it but bear in mind he's also an organizer at Euro's and the competition is the first priority.

I'd say if we all stop checking for an hour or so, it might help.