• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does your Zhanchi pop?

How much does your Zhanchi pop?

• Total voters

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have mine lubed with CRC mixed with thecubicle's regular lube weight 3, it's kinda really slow and gummy, but only pops if you over cut it
I never pop it in solves
however, my classmates and one of my teachers at school managed to pop it 5 times in one school day. Excuse me, not pops, massive explosions where 1 or two whole layers came right off.
so I don't really know what to put

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
I converted to a 55mm ZhanChi rather than the standard 57mm. It pops about once in 50 and is due to user error. The usual "pop" is a corner twist. I'll think to myself "that cube is making a lot of noise" and when I get to orient corners, I find I'm in an impossible position.

It pops more regularly when I'm doing a sloppy scramble (without following instructions). Then it can lose three cubies at a time.

JHB

WCA
2011HOLM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a couple of Zhanchi's set at different tensions. My black cube is tensioned sort of tightly and wouldn't pop if I stuck some dynamite in it! However, the white one is tensioned loosely and moves perfectly.....but pops about 1 in every 10 solves. I am sure this wouldn't happen if I wasn't such a sloppy cuber though. That's why I've been following Xxoxia's (Yockee) advice and practising with cubes that don't have good corner cutting.

cfelicella

I do have torpedos in mine, if that makes a difference. But I haven't had a pop in weeks.

Never had a pop, only time it DID pop was when I was tensioning it just to see how far it would go. You have to go to extremes to make it pop. If it pops easily then something is wrong with the tensions or you are not aligning cubies proper (as in very badly).

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
My Zhanchis literally never pop, only if i go superfast on purpose. when i do "force" a pop like this, the zhanchi with torpedoes tends to explode, while the one without just spits out one edge.
thsi is why i dont use torpedoes anymore :p cube is also faster i believe

WCA
2012TOWE01
my zhanchi needed a relube a couple weeks ago, and it was popping all over the place every 3 solves or so as I had it on loose just after a mod (CPM). After the relube it was mega fast and way way too loose, so I tightened it to perfection and gave it a clean and shazaam, had only one pop with it since after about 300 solves :)

mDiPalma

my uber-tight zhanchi is in a popped state around 25% of the time during solves.

my loose, modded alpha v is in a popped state exactly 0% of the time during solves.

PianoCube

My 55mm Zhanchi pops in around 1/200 solves, but if I try to do U or H perm sub-1, it pops quite often.
If non cubers want to try it, around 1/3 of them manages to pop it, so if someone wants to borrow a cube, I always give them my Lunhui instead if it's available, it NEVER pops.