• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does your Zhanchi pop?

How much does your Zhanchi pop?

• Total voters

Eazoon

Done it

Not planning on buying lube :( , only have a crappy 3 in 1 lube

maybe i'll give it to my friend whos new to cubing, and get a guhong v2 for myself

anyone else have any tips? (multi posted again!)

tighten it and take out your torpedos, they make it catch and reduces the corner cutting.

btw i highly recommend lubix, it will make your cube much faster as long as you dont put on too much.

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mine used to pop/explode a fair bit, particularly with M slices. My core was threaded pretty badly (so much so that one of the edge pieces could actually be wobbled between centers) so I changed the core and so far I've had no problems at all (with torpedoes, I haven't popped it without them, I just felt like putting them in).
With my old core, torpedoes actually made it pop and explode far more and often worse than without them.

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Never pops, though it popped like crazy when people tried it at MIT Spring. I like to keep my cubes loose, so I'm used to it, but people who keep their cubes tighter accidentally pop it. So, pretty much I'd say it shouldn't pop if you know how to properly control the cube at the tension you have it at.

Litz

My main cube is a "Ultimate Lubix ZhanChi" I bought in October (about 15k solves so far) and it never ever popped or exploded.

insane569

WCA
2011LUEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Zhanchi == bad bad cube

Agreed. I use mine without torps and with a couple of mods I did myself along with some tight tensions. Back when I had the torps in it would give me 5+ piece pops since the torp would pull out the corners next to it along with some other pieces. I prefer my guhong but i stick with the zhanchi for its speed.

O

Owen

One of the edges is missing a torpedo, so maybe three times out of 500.

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
With torpedos, Lubix (I think?), not sure how old is it, quite tight actually, and it pops, especially during A perms.

applemobile

People seem to be skipping over the fact that the fact it pops can very much come down to user error. I could forcibly make pretty much any cube pop if i really tried. My Zanchi pops every now and again. I find that it wont do it for weeks, then will do it twice in a day, i put this down to how i am handling the cube. I find it usually pops when i am performing sune, i do it very aggressively.

aznanimedude

even after i removed the torpedoes i rarely get a pop, maybe like 1 every like....month, don't have many pops

bunny

I got the Zhanchi stickerless recently and it hasn't popped on me yet. I have my torpedos in.