• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Just got a guhong v2, a few questions.

JaxDragon

Having moved from an F-II to a guhong v2, this cube is amazing. No lube and still beat my old record in the first hour. However, I have a few questions.

Every other side can cut corners up to 45 degrees no problem, except when green is facing me and white is on top. I've tried all the other sides and they work fine. Checked the white/green pieces and there doesn't appear to be a problem. I tensioned everything evenly, and tried loosening the green side, still no luck.

Also, how much of a difference would it make if I were to lube this cube with CRC? My F-II is white on the inside and ugly, and I would hate to make my V2 look like that in the first week. I don't have lubix, and am currently unable to buy it, leaving me only with crc. It feels fine now, but I keep thinking about how much smoother it would feel with crc in it.

Last edited:

skeletonboy

Well, you don't really need a cube to cut 45 degrees to be called a good cube. You can technically do any solve already like this because you wont be able to use the 45 degree function whatsoever.

Lubing it might help it, but if you spread it around the whole cube, all the sides will increase in performance too. Lubing it with CRC can help it.

I'd say reassemble the green side, whilst checking for awkward/defected pieces. Look at the screw and spring, they might be defective or even at a different tension of spring.

If the problem persists, just play with it and break it in, most cubes will be a tad smoother or faster after breaking in, good luck. :)

JaxDragon

At everyone's urging, i lubed the cube, and while there is a bit of white now :( it does move faster. And the corner cutting has improved slightly, although there is still a slight difference.