• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Scripts: WCA DB downloader, PDF Scramble Generator, WCA Elo-like rating system

Mr.Toad

Hi,

I've been uploading to GitHub some of my scripts lately. There are three that you might find interesting:

Download WCA database export and load it to MySQL (Python)
Go to worldcubeassociation.org, download the latest SQL export of the database and update your local MySQL database with it.

PDF scramble generator for combination puzzles (PHP)
Generate a number of scrambles / scramble pages for several puzzles and export them to PDF.

Multiplayer Elo-like rating system (PHP)
Experimental rating system for all the official events based on Elo which processes the WCA database and takes each round as a multiplayer game.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not to be nit-picky, but if somebody has access to a mysql server, wouldn't they just run "mysql -u username -p [database if necessary] < dump.sql"? Seems like running a python script would be more overhead than necessary.

Do you have a demo of the rating system? I don't really feel like importing the WCA db just to take a quick glance :p

Last edited: