• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Background sounds/music

AbstractAlg

WCA
2012OKAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was just wondering what do BLD cubers prefer while doing solves.

Do you like complete silence, music of your choice or...?

While doing single solves I like silence with some background noise, like TV, neighbors talking loud. Stuff that tell me: "everything's normal, you may now do bld".

For MBLD i need total silence.

Music only for speedsolves. :p

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like silence for any kind of BLD solves.But when I do normal solves I have to listen to something,otherwise I will die of boredom.Mostly I listen to my favorite music or CubeCast,but sometimes I just listen to some cubing related video whatever it is,especially if I like the cubers voice(Thrawst's averages with commentarys for example).Yeah,I know,kind of weird. :p

aronpm

I like listening to music when I cube. Any kind of music but I usually prefer OST musics or heavy rock/electro musics.

I'm a very musical person. So when I cube, I like to blare music. So loud, that if my parents came into my room, I can't hear them at all.

Are you two sure that you read the first post? This is about BLD...

That being said, I like silence when doing BLD, but I normally listen to music when speedsolving.

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got way too stressed in comp when I used earplugs and ear defenders because all I could hear was my heartbeat and a faint click of my cube. Now I don't use anything for 3bld in comp, and just the ear defenders for everything else. When I last practised 3bld at home (November), I did it with loud music and it didn't affect me.

I also wished that during my multibld people had kept cubing as I was nearing the end, because I suddenly heard everyone stop and could tell they were all standing in front of me, which made me nervous :p

AbstractAlg

WCA
2012OKAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
popularity, kinch. xD

Also, except silence, and few normal background sounds, only two music groups that don't affect my bld are LoPro and Index Case. Any other music is too loud, or has too many different sounds that just distract me. LoPro's "Texas" is fantastic for every type of solving, except MBLD. :cool:

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I become so pissed off if I hear anything while doing BLD. Sometimes tithe point where I just yell, "Shut the **** up!", end the silence happens for 5 or so minutes.

If speed solving I love listening to metal.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
It occurred to me that I should mention: Best album title for BLD solvers: Dream Theater's old album Images and Words. (I blew the dust off it and listened to it this weekend on the way to Hillsdale.) I did some 3x3x3 BLD practice while listening to it a few years ago; it was good distraction practice.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It occurred to me that I should mention: Best album title for BLD solvers: Dream Theater's old album Images and Words. (I blew the dust off it and listened to it this weekend on the way to Hillsdale.) I did some 3x3x3 BLD practice while listening to it a few years ago; it was good distraction practice.

I don't think I could do it. The keyboard solo in Take The Time would make me start to bob my head and put the cube down. :D

NevinsCPH

WCA
2010CHAN20
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do listen to music, calm and tranquil ones. Though that I have to make sure its on repeat and volume is in 'intermediate' level, loud enough to cover background sound, and soft enough for me to concentrate. :p