• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

r2 parity algs

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
After a dbeyer's post here and then Chris Hardwick's post here, I endeavored to find a good r2 parity alg, in the style of the other 2 parities commonly used.

After finding what still seems to be best alg with CE, I used ACube to check all possible domino-style swaps of UBr and DFr. Trying it with the r2 off didn't seem to give better results, and seemed little worth it (if anyone wants to try all those, go ahead).

At first I stayed in rlU2, then after this tried added the other faces.

So, r2_parity.txt now lists all the results, with some "recommended" algs I'm considering.

A few questions:
Does anybody have a (good) different alg/approach to this?
Which of these algs seems fastest/easiest (/safest?) for you?

Right now, I'm still leaning on r' U2 r2 U2 r U2 r U2 r2 l U2 r' U2 r U2 l' U2, the very first alg I found.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No further ideas, no. I tried some stuff but failed. And your alg looks fine, anyway.

Sorry again for not properly reading your message, last night I returned from a two week break and found 200-300 threads with new posts. Exhausting.

P.S. Why is it "two week break" and not "two weeks break" and similarly "nine year olds" and not "nine years olds"?

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No further ideas, no. I tried some stuff but failed. And your alg looks fine, anyway.

Sorry again for not properly reading your message, last night I returned from a two week break and found 200-300 threads with new posts. Exhausting.

P.S. Why is it "two week break" and not "two weeks break" and similarly "nine year olds" and not "nine years olds"?

I always thought it was the second way o_O
actually, I thought it was "nine years old"

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I always thought it was the second way o_O
actually, I thought it was "nine years old"

I would hyphenate "two-week break" if I ever used it. Most people are too lazy, so it almost looks correct to ignore the hyphen...
For plural weeks, I don't know. "Two weeks' break" or "two weeks of break" sounds much better to me.
And again "nine-year old" and "(nine-year old)s". A hyphen between "year" and "old" can't hurt, either...
Now, why aren't there "two-year youngs"? :p

And Stefan, have you seen my scrambling thread? I'd hoped you or Chris would have something to say about it...

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And Stefan, have you seen my scrambling thread? I'd hoped you or Chris would have something to say about it...
I did open it but only skimmed over it. Looked long and complicated and it seemed like it took you a while to get to the point (in long posts like that, I think an introductory outlook would be good). And hey, you already got answers from several experts. But as it's interesting, I'll read it again when I have more time (maybe tomorrow).

What's Club WHI?

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Club WHI is a new thing that lucas and some others came up with. Basically, due to the new OH inspection rules, a few of us have decided to inspect with the wrong hand. It's just a group of people who are going to be doing this.

GO CLUB WHI!

Johannes91

WHI = wrong-handed inspection

Use only left hand in inspection and right in solving, or vice versa. A lot of people at IRC said that they don't like the new regulations and they'll do WHI in competitions.

I thought it was "nine years old"
That's a bit different. I'm sixteen years old, but I'm a sixteen-year-old.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kenneth, we're looking for a specific parity alg, swapping the specific edges Lucas mentioned. You're good at finding 4x4 algs, can you find one for our case?