Page 2240 of 3674 FirstFirst ... 124017402140219022302238223922402241224222502290234027403240 ... LastLast
Results 22,391 to 22,400 of 36733

Thread: The One-Answer Question Thread [closed]

Default zhanchi tension problem.

i tried to tension my zhanchi last week. it went pretty bad, i did watch a tutorial for guhong tension and used same method for zhanchi. i didnt get the perfect tension to every side, i went side by side little by little and still some sides are very smooth and others very laggy and heavy. i tried to loose those sides but it didnt really work and if it did it would pop. i use torpedos on this. could anyone give me a quick guide or something to tension it perfect. thanks!!

WCA Profile
    2009SMIT05
    YouTube
    musli4brekkies

Quote Originally Posted by Lanttikasa View Post
    i tried to tension my zhanchi last week. it went pretty bad, i did watch a tutorial for guhong tension and used same method for zhanchi. i didnt get the perfect tension to every side, i went side by side little by little and still some sides are very smooth and others very laggy and heavy. i tried to loose those sides but it didnt really work and if it did it would pop. i use torpedos on this. could anyone give me a quick guide or something to tension it perfect. thanks!!
    Take apart your cube completely minus the centres and tighten every one down until they turn the same (not at all, basically, but with the same stiffness) Then, make a mark on every screw with a permanent marker, this is so you can keep track of your turns.

Then unscrew every side 3 360 degree turns, using your marker mark as a guide. Then reassemble your cube. If you can't, undo more, just make sure every side has an equal amount.

When your cube is fully assembled then adjust every side the same amount until your happy. It might take a while and the difference is often less than half a turn.

Good luck
    My team sucks.

WCA Profile
    2011LINB01
    YouTube
    brandbestawesome

Where can I get custom Rubik's Cube Logos for multiple puzzles at a cheap price (not Oliver's store) that I can place my own logo on it?

Default ACube, Mac & Command Line.

Guys, being ACube works at the command line do I need any emulation software to work it on a Mac and If so what would you recommend?

WCA Profile
    2007COHE01
    YouTube
    masterofthebass

All you need is java installed. It runs via command line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanttikasa View Post
    Tensioning takes a lot of time and study to get it right. I recommend you disassemble the whole cube, because you might have threaded the screw wrong, or done something wrong. Go slowly and inspect each piece for flaws. The tension of the springs also have a big effect on the cube. A tight spring will stiffer and hard. A normal spring would be easy to push so its fast and loose. But, I doubt that a Zhanchi comes with 2 sets of springs. Just check it again and try lubing it to see if it goes away.
    PB: Single: 21.06 ||| Ao5: 25.28 ||| Ao12: 27.74 ||| OH Ao5: 1:00.49

Do you know if you'll ever be stocking v-cube 3's in your store?

WCA Profile
    2012CHIE01

I'm learning f2l, and i now know how to do this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQhnImizco
    is it the same thing as intuitive f2l? (like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGeTtD4tB5w
    thanks
    1/5/12/50/100 3x3: 8.07/10.70/11.32/11.84/11.97 OH: 11.62/14.72/16.36/17.25/17.63
    My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations. ~DFTBA~

that may happen when ur cube is dirty having like hair inside that create friction also when the lube is not spread evenly and or the tension is uneven. it also happened to me with the fII because it core sucks but the dayan core are great so...
    take it all apart including the screws and clean and resemble because dirt can be and will be after a certain time inside the center pieces were the screw are.
    <3x3x3 [best avg of 5: 19.93] [best avg of 12: 20.89, Mean: 20.94, SD: 1.96] [PB:15.28]><2x2x2 mean: 7.67 I best: 3.63 >

Quote Originally Posted by cubingawsumness View Post
    I'm learning f2l, and i now know how to do this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQhnImizco
    is it the same thing as intuitive f2l? (like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGeTtD4tB5w
    thanks
    Yes they are the same, intuitive F2L.
    PB: Single: 21.06 ||| Ao5: 25.28 ||| Ao12: 27.74 ||| OH Ao5: 1:00.49