• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Acube Tutorial?

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, the readme file is pretty complete and covers most anything you would want to do. If you have a more specific question related to the input you're trying to create, then someone may be able to help you.

Athefre

The readme has the information, but it wasn't written for those with little command line experience.

Arkwell

Thanks for all the info guys now I have to figure out the differences between ACube and Cube Explorer and decide on one but I've heard you have more control in making algs with ACube.

Innocence

CubeExplorer is definitely easier.

Of course, but you can't have incomplete cubies, and fun stuff like that.

Come to think of it, I could write a beginners' tutorial for a-cube. Only problem is, I will finish it in a couple years time, and it will already be redundant. At least, that's how it turned out for the last tutorial I said I would make...

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Of course, but you can't have incomplete cubies, and fun stuff like that.

Come to think of it, I could write a beginners' tutorial for a-cube. Only problem is, I will finish it in a couple years time, and it will already be redundant. At least, that's how it turned out for the last tutorial I said I would make...

Lol what?
CE and ACube can both support incomplete cubes.
The only 'problem' at all with acube is lack of a good GUI. Acube3 has a half-decent GUI out (which'll *seriously* be ready for 4 soon :p) anyway. Mostly functional, anyway.

acube4 has a lot of advantages over CE. It supports wide turns, more metrics, rotations, harsher restrictions, and the like.

If anyone has any problems, just email me and I'll clear up any issues.

Arkwell

Lol what?
CE and ACube can both support incomplete cubes.
The only 'problem' at all with acube is lack of a good GUI. Acube3 has a half-decent GUI out (which'll *seriously* be ready for 4 soon :p) anyway. Mostly functional, anyway.

acube4 has a lot of advantages over CE. It supports wide turns, more metrics, rotations, harsher restrictions, and the like.

If anyone has any problems, just email me and I'll clear up any issues.

Ha! StachuK1992, you just answered the question I was going to ask which was 'what can ACube do that CE can't and vice versa. How much hard drive space is ACube compared to CE(I heard CE takes a lot of ram).

Thanks for the info!

Last edited: