• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Embedded YouTube videos not appearing on iPad

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Can someone who is having this issue verify that they have the latest version of IOS? Based on some brief googling, it appears that this is a common problem across VB boards, but some iphones/tablets are not affected.

FYI, it works fine under android with the default browser, Dolphin HD, and Firefox. I'm curious whether this is affecting mobile devices other than Apple.

I use Opera Mini and I can't see videos.
Someone care to make a test? (2 videos, different tags).
This could help establish a fix if both worked for some browsers.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I've made a few changes. Do the video tags work? Do the youtube tags work?

If the youtube tags work, I will simply disable video tags and we can go ahead continue using youtube tags like we were doing before.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
So over the last month I've been trying to find a solution to this. Disabling the [video] tag is easier said than done, and so far vB has been unsupportive of this. I need to upgrade to the latest vB, but the hack that is being used for the wiki would not be compatible, so I've not done this yet. I'm considering moving the wiki back to its own fresh site (not integrated with vB) so I don't have to deal with the incompatibility issues in the future.

On the plus side, I now have an android so I can play with solving this issue. For the time being, we'll have to deal with it, but I will add it to the list for when I upgrade.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Is the issue with the youtube videos still happening? When I view the site in desktop view on my mobile, the videos load fine. When I go to m.speedsolving.com, they also load fine. I am using an Android 4.3.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Is the issue with the youtube videos still happening? When I view the site in desktop view on my mobile, the videos load fine. When I go to m.speedsolving.com, they also load fine. I am using an Android 4.3.

Just checked a thread quickly, it works in Rowe's video thread, not sure which tag he used, seems to change result. Hopefully you've fixed it, this has cost me many minutes pressing quote and copying the URL. Thanks Patrick.