• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Rubik's Brand cube

cwdana

The best Rubik's brand cube (in my opinion) is Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Available on amazon.com for about $8.

They come pretty loose out of the box. But after lubing, they're amazing. They still don't cut corners as well as a DIY, but if you want that Rubik's brand feel, these are money.

I posted a video here so you can see 1. what it looks like in box 2. how it handles right out of the box 3. how it handles right out of the box plus lube 4. how it handles after 3+months of use.

Check it out.

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't want to be mean, but I think this should be in the off topic section (a lot of junior member post in the wrong spot)

The best Rubik's Brand Cube? Well if you say Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium then that's not Rubik's Brand right? Rubik's Brand are found in stores like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target. Well it does have a Rubik's Logo on it... I don't know. I think you're talking about store bought cubes, or non DIYs.

I saw the video and cool! I never thought "Rubik's Brand" cubes could move that fast right out of the box! :)

cwdana

I don't want to be mean, but I think this should be in the off topic section (a lot of junior member post in the wrong spot)

The best Rubik's Brand Cube? Well if you say Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium then that's not Rubik's Brand right? Rubik's Brand are found in stores like Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target. Well it does have a Rubik's Logo on it... I don't know. I think you're talking about store bought cubes, or non DIYs.

I saw the video and cool! I never thought "Rubik's Brand" cubes could move that fast right out of the box! :)

Rubik's brand cubes are manufactured by several companies. I believe there are 3 licensed manufacturers. One is Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (which is actually a division of Milton Bradley) (There's also Habro and Winning Moves). And you're right - they're in Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Target AND amazon.com (as nearly everything is ;)

And since this is an area for beginners, I figured I'd pass on my newfound luck in the smoothness of this cube. Off topic? I don't know.

cwdana

It looks really good for a Rubik's brand. What tie does the cube have to the Mr. Wagorium thing.

I'm not really sure. Here's the Wikipedia page about the 2007 movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

It's about a guy that manages a toyshop, so I guess therein lies the connection. Perhaps it's a tie-in with Milton Bradley (which is the same as Hasbro, actually.)

Here is a link to the Amazon page that sells the cube. Priced right now at $7.70 USD. It doesn't offer an explanation. I'll keep looking to find out why there's a tie-in.

Still stands that it's a great Rubik's Branded cube.

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel

Rubik's brand cubes are manufactured by several companies. I believe there are 3 licensed manufacturers. One is Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (which is actually a division of Milton Bradley) (There's also Habro and Winning Moves). And you're right - they're in Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Target AND amazon.com (as nearly everything is ;)

And since this is an area for beginners, I figured I'd pass on my newfound luck in the smoothness of this cube. Off topic? I don't know.

Oh I thought Rubik's Brand were just made from the "Rubik's Company" (If there is one). Thanks for the information!

I would say this is off topic because it's not really a thread when you're asking a question and an experienced cuber answers them.

A

andrewvo1324

Make it into a Diy....

make its screw+spring and watch it be godly...

I took one my my REALLLY BAD rubiks brand and made it into a scrrew spring structure....and now its my main cubes out of alot of diy cubes

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would say this is off topic because it's not really a thread when you're asking a question and an experienced cuber answers them.

I didn't see anything in the 'forum rules' saying it had to be Q&A. Going by that, then quite a few might be off topic.

I figured off topic meant not-related-to-cube-talk. No?

The point of this category of the forums is for beginner's to ask questions where experience cubers can answer. You probably haven't experienced this yet. But if you look at some of the beginner threads, it's usually a person having some difficulty and needs some help. Look at the main page of this website, and look at the description under the "Beginner" category. It says: "If you are a beginner, this is the place where experienced cubers can help you with your difficulties."

Rules don't always explain what to do, as they usually say the restrictions of something and what not to do.

The off topic section is designed for non cube talk, and cube talk that is not covered in one of the cube categories. So you could put this one in the off topic section.

Don't worry about it. It's not such a big deal and lots of beginners to these forums make these mistakes (I know I did:D) so don't worry about it.

Last edited:

cwdana

Is there any difference in the cube? Like a Mr. Wagorium logo or something? Or is it just a normal Rubik's cube in a different box?

[/B]

Nope. It's a Rubik's cube, just in a different box. I have a regular cube that came in solely Rubik's packaging and there is NO difference (aside from the smoothness) between the two.

It is definitely a Rubik's. Just a different box.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
pcwiz, just because your title is a senior member, that doesn't make you any more knowledgeable then anyone else. All that means, is that you've posted a ton of stupid questions, and worthless responses. Please don't think that you have the right to downplay other members just because you have over 100 posts. In fact, you have 8.72 posts per day... that's somewhat ridiculous, especially when your responses are like
uhhh.... sure....

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
pcwiz, just because your title is a senior member, that doesn't make you any more knowledgeable then anyone else. All that means, is that you've posted a ton of stupid questions, and worthless responses. Please don't think that you have the right to downplay other members just because you have over 100 posts. In fact, you have 8.72 posts per day... that's somewhat ridiculous, especially when your responses are like
uhhh.... sure....

I'm not trying downplay other members, and I don't brag at how many posts I do per day. I'm just really interested in these forums and I like leaving my mark on a thread. This is my first forum I've been to so I'm bad at these kind of things and I'm not too experienced. I'll delete my
uhhh.... sure....
for you, and try to make some of my other posts nicer. Sorry:(

Last edited:
uhhh.... sure....

Yay! :):):)

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't worry about it. It's not such a big deal and lots of junior members make these mistakes (I know I did:D) so don't worry about it.

You still do. Post count does NOT equal knowledge or respect.

I would agree but when I said Junior Members, but I meant like beginners to this forum, or this is their first forum they've ever been to (that's for me so I make mistakes too - nobody's perfect!:)). I'm not trying to be mean if you think I am...:(

Last edited:

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't worry about it. It's not such a big deal and lots of junior members make these mistakes (I know I did:D) so don't worry about it.

You still do. Post count does NOT equal knowledge or respect.

I would agree but when I said Junior Members, but I meant like beginners to this forum, or this is their first forum they've ever been to (that's for me so I make mistakes too - nobody's perfect!:)). I'm not trying to be mean if you think I am...:(
I don't think you are trying to be mean, but I do think you are a junior member yourself.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
uhhh.... sure....

I'm not trying downplay other members, and I don't brag at how many posts I do per day. I'm just really interested in these forums and I like leaving my mark on a thread. This is my first forum I've been to so I'm bad at these kind of things and I'm not too experienced. I'll delete my
uhhh.... sure....
for you, and try to make some of my other posts nicer. Sorry:(

agreed. I noticed that he actually joined later than the other guy, so I do find it ironic. I think I too have some worthless posts (like this one), so I should really do that less.

I'm now convinced that what cube doesn't matter. Skill is number 1, then it is lube. Unless you've been to China and had seen these extra stiff, springless cubes than are off brand and sold for 2-3 chinese yuan ($0.30) by street vendors. They were amazed at my regular Rubik's which costs $12 (about 100 yuan).