• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Osaka Open 2008 Results

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WOW! 11.33!!
And he had a 16...if that was a 11.5, holy cow...sub-11 avg

I'm kinda disappointed Tomy didn't get the WR avg...and not even a sub-20 time on OH :( maybe he felt the pressure...(he did quite well on 2H, btw)

But...

7 guys sub-23.5 o_O

Last edited:

ajmorgan25

WCA
2008MORG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WOW! 11.33!!

I'm kinda disappointed Tomy didn't get the WR avg...and not even a sub-20 time on OH :( maybe he felt the pressure...(he did quite well on 2H, btw)

But...

7 guys sub-23.5 o_O

Don't they knock off your best and worst time anyway?

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WOW! 11.33!!

But...

7 guys sub-23.5 o_O

Don't they knock off your best and worst time anyway?

Yes, but if the 16 was under 11.5, the 12.xx would have been knocked off.

Doudou

WCA
2004CHAM01
WOW! 11.33!!

But...

7 guys sub-23.5 o_O

If all the times were sub10, the average would have been sub10. (same kind of (useless) thinking ...).
Anyway, good times, and i'm happy not to have it anymore.

ccchips296

YouTube
Visit Channel
congrats to nakajima! after all those videos on youtube of 10xx averages, id be disapointed if he didnt get the WR. Competitions in Japan are always such high level it seems...

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
WOW! 11.33!!

But...

7 guys sub-23.5 o_O

If all the times were sub10, the average would have been sub10. (same kind of (useless) thinking ...).
Anyway, good times, and i'm happy not to have it anymore.

doudou,
why are you happy not to have it anymore?

Isn't Gilles's specialty OH? I'm surprised he got a 40.

Well, there goes my dream of getting the pyraminx AsR. I thought I could average sub-10 with a less stiff pyraminx that doesn't pop (mine is quite stiff) with some practice for a few days. But a 6 second average? I'll have to learn the "ZBLL" for pyraminx from mzrg's site and still not be that fast. Even qqwref himself doesn't know all of them.
Are their any other advanced pyraminx solutions? I use 1 look last layer with 5 algs of 6-7 moves each that I found myself. Well good thing they are all Japanese, so I still have my NR!

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nakajima finally showed what he got ;-) That average, as Pedro pointed out, could've been even faster, which means there is still more to it than just this!

Those guys deserve it, they practice really hard to get to where they are.

ThePizzaGuy92

WCA
2007SEID01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Edouard FINALLY gets the record, and he can't hold it for five freaking seconds!! sheesh

btw... the craziest part was that 2nd place was a sub-12 average too. thats a competition first.

Last edited: