• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help] Generate Algorithms using acube from state1 to state2

geocine

WCA
2008MONC01
How do you generate algorithms using Acube from the current unsolved state to another unsolved state?

Lets say I want to find alternative algorithms to fix a parity (3x3 blind).

EDIT: Added more description

1. Please consider this scramble

Scramble Orientation: Top: Blue , Right: Yellow, Front: Red

U2 L2 U L2 B2 D2 B2 D' B2 U2 R2 U' B L F' R2 F L' B E2

2. To view the case do this orientation

Top: White, Front: Red, Right: Blue

This is a parity case after M2 Edges is done and I want to proceed to Old Pochmann Corners

Thus I do this Algorithm

U' F2 U M2 U' F2 U -> ( This is the algorithm that I would like to get an alternative to, I am not comfortable with front turns).

I hope you get this.

Last edited:

RNewms27

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's more logic than using a generator. Depends on what method you use. Pochmann is R-perm for the two corner swap while swapping two edges back to normal, caused by use of the Y-perm. Since you don't want to affect the other pieces, wouldn't you want it to generate to solved anyway?

geocine

WCA
2008MONC01

This is a parity case after M2 Edges is done and I want to proceed to Old Pochmann Corners

Thus I do this Algorithm

U' F2 U M2 U' F2 U -> ( This is the algorithm that I would like to get an alternative to, I am not comfortable with front turns).

I hope you get this.

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thus I do this Algorithm

I hope you get this.

I would've done x2 U' L2 U M2 U' L2 U x2

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Meep, That was cool.

I am just wondering though how you came up with that, any explanations?

It's what Kirjava said, see what pieces move from state 1 to state 2 and pretend that same set of piece movements was applied to a solved cube. Then feed it to ACube or whatever solver you use. Though a solver where you could just input state 1 and state 2 without thinking about that would be cool too.