• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sydney Autumn 2012

When could you attend a Sydney competition around Easter in 2012?

• Total voters

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright Sydney cubers, you want a competition, so we're going to try and kickstart you. Tim has already mentioned in the speedcubing in Sydney thread about trying to find a venue. Now it's time to get serious. You guys need to pick a date that suits. We need to pick a date now, well in advance, and we need as many Sydney cubers as possible to be able to show up.

We plan on having the competition in April, sometime around the Easter holidays. Easter is on Sunday the 8th of April, 2012. In the poll I have put dates around that weekend. You can vote for multiple options, but please only vote if you intend to commit to attending at that time (obviously if a more important commitment comes up then you will have to pull out). The point is, please make sure that you, at present, have no reason to believe that you would not be able to attend. We want to make this happen so that official WCA competitions in Sydney can occur on a more regular basis for the cubers there, so we need your co-operation. If this tournament falls through the cracks then there may never be another chance for a Sydney comp. Make it happen or miss out!

Last edited:

kirtpro

WCA
2010PROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
11pm right now, i think parents are asleep so i dont think i can ask them a recommended date. Tomorrow at school I'll try asking friends who cube if they wanna come.

edit:
mum says any date would be fine. nsw school holidays span through the weekends of April 7, 14 and 21.

Last edited:

Mal

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would prefer the 24th of March because I have stuff to do in April. I will probably come.
And would some Melbourne Cubers come?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes obviously Melbourne cubers would come, but while I would also like them to vote, we are most interested in what Sydney cubers want, because this competition is for them.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any of those dates are good for me. Preferably on a weekend, Saturday is best.

I would like you to go through the database and find a competition that wasn't held on the weekend. When you fail, come back and feel free to acknowledge how silly your comment was, thanks :p

Having it on the weekend of easter is kinda stupid.

Why? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people in this country don't actually celebrate Easter other than to eat lots of chocolate.

P

pappas

Well I'm pretty sure easters a day when lots of family stuff happens for a lot of people, so its most likely inconvenient for lots of people. I think I'm in sydney over easter but I doubt I'd be able to go.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well we'll see. Obviously if not many people can't make it on Easter weekend then we won't host it then so it won't be a problem :p . That's exactly what this thread is about! <3

aronpm