• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UWR Thread

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Timing on such short things becomes very difficult/problematic, with almost everyone starting the timer late or stopping it early. So it's too difficult to actually determine who's fastest.

Here's a 0.7, but again, no clue exactly how fast it really is.

WCA
2012MEIL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Timing on such short things becomes very difficult/problematic, with almost everyone starting the timer late or stopping it early. So it's too difficult to actually determine who's fastest.

Here's a 0.7, but again, no clue exactly how fast it really is.

I'll try to use as many camera angles as possible. And Slow-Motion
btw just got a tied PB Ao5: 0.8433333333333333 (0.83 , 0.84 , 0.81 , 1.50[lockup] , 0.86 )
I'll also try to do it with StackMat 3G if I get it soon enough.
+ Ao12 & Ao5 :D

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You don't understand me - slow-motion and camera angles aren't quite good enough, because the problem is that people are physically using their hands to start and stop the timer. People just don't time that accurately enough to distinguish between the speeds of different people - you can't know whether you stopped the timer at the right time, or 0.05 too early, or 0.05 too late. Since we'd need to know every time to an accuracy of about 0.01 or less to tell which of various fast people is the fastest, the only way to actually find the UWR would be to have every fast person submit a high-fps recording of a PLL, and then to have someone count the frames of each one.

WCA
2012MEIL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You don't understand me - slow-motion and camera angles aren't quite good enough, because the problem is that people are physically using their hands to start and stop the timer. People just don't time that accurately enough to distinguish between the speeds of different people - you can't know whether you stopped the timer at the right time, or 0.05 too early, or 0.05 too late. Since we'd need to know every time to an accuracy of about 0.01 or less to tell which of various fast people is the fastest, the only way to actually find the UWR would be to have every fast person submit a high-fps recording of a PLL, and then to have someone count the frames of each one.

I DO understand you. Timing algs will never be exact. How about just filming a fast T-Perm with a high-fps camera and if I start or stop too early I wont upload it? (Maybe just as a failed T-Perm PB :D) I think thats as good as it gets...

PhilipM

WCA
2013MOOR02
BKT of all cubes

Today I did a 0.33s solve on the twisttheweb website.
I wanted to know if that is a BKT, so I thought everybody should post there BKT's here. :)