• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Difference in DIY Cubes (The Quality)

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was looking at the DIY cubes from cube4you and I was looking at some comments about them. I know that type a is the best but does the color of the cube (white, green, orange) make any difference in the quality and speed? I'm just wondering because I heard about it.

Type A = Best
Type B = Worst
Type C = Moderate

Zigosity

I heard that the different colours are made from different plastics (Harder or softer, depending), but I don't know how that affects quality or speed. Type a's are definitely the way to go though.

VooX

Please search the forums before asking questions. Not to be mean, but there are already posts with all the info (and maybe more) that you are looking for.

Cubetrooper

I was looking for the answer in the puzzleproz-forum and it says that the color affects neither the quality nor the speed of a DIY, if it's the same type.

Last edited:

Inusagi

I was looking for the answer in the puzzleproz-forum and it says that the colors doesn't affect neither the quality nor the speed of a DIY, if it's the same type.

I have a yellow one, and I survived... So you can become a sub 20 guy with other colors.

Bounb

Okay because the thread below says that green and white DIYs are better....

http://www.speedsolving.com/showthread.php?t=1665

I've always been rather skeptical of claims that different colours are better people said that whites/blue/green were better than black or whatever. It's conceivable that if they were made of a different plastic they might be better but it would be slight.

I think it's far more likely that people think they're better because people so widely believe this. Just like people say bottled water tastes better than tap but if you did a double blind test (I did this once), they would not be able to tell the difference (infact I could make them say the tap was bottled by serving it chilled)