• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Spoiler Tags

Johannes91

You can do that without spoiler tags by playing with the font colors
That works only if you always have white as bgcolor. At least for me, that isn't the case in quotes.

You could use ROT13, but having a tag specifically meant for spoilers would be more convenient and quite trivial to implement.

mrCage

Hi :)

If someone chose a forum style with different bgcolor then it wont work anymore. White text would still show :eek:

A clean (elaborate) solution would be to add spoiler(s)s as link(s) to other page(s). A better solution would be to add a simple .js to show/hide a <div>/<span>. By setting show as block or none respectively. This would have to be supported by the BB solution to work.

- Per

Johannes91

I've seen it being used to hide spoilers. You don't see what it says if you don't want to, and there are many online programs that can encrypt/decrypt ROT13.

A better solution would be to add a simple .js to show/hide a <div>/<span>.
Unless some fancy buttons are wanted, I'd do it with CSS. Make the content hidden normally, but visible when :hovered.