• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Arizona Showdown 2011

AustinReed

WCA
2011REED01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://www.cubingusa.com/arizona2011/index.php
Arizona Showdown 2011 will take place Saturday, December 3 2011. It will be held at the Glendale YMCA.
Events are:
2x2 - 2 rounds
3x3 - 3 rounds
3x3 OH - 2 rounds
4x4 - 2 rounds
Pyraminx
Magic
Master Magic
3x3 BLD
Mystery Event (TBA, everyone welcome at no charge)

Cutoff times are:
4x4: 2:00
3x3 OH 1:00

Delegate and organizer is Chris Milburn.

Registration is $7 for the first event and $2 for each additional event. $1 per competitor goes to the WCA and $1 per competitor will also be donated to the YMCA.
Note: You will be given the option to pay by PayPal. If you choose to pay on the day of the competition (12/03/11) the registration fee will be doubled to $14 for the first event and $2 for each additional event. All competitors are encouraged to pay online.

Last edited:

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Cutoff times are:
4x4: 2:00
3x3 1:00

I would suggest not having a cut-off for 3x3. You do get some people who start out that are around 75 seconds. By shutting them out, you're discouraging building a community. Even if someone is taking 3 minutes on 3x3, it's not going to kill the competition. If you end up getting a bunch, then you might have some issues. Even World's has a limit of 2:30 for the 3x3.

AustinReed

WCA
2011REED01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would suggest not having a cut-off for 3x3. You do get some people who start out that are around 75 seconds. By shutting them out, you're discouraging building a community. Even if someone is taking 3 minutes on 3x3, it's not going to kill the competition. If you end up getting a bunch, then you might have some issues. Even World's has a limit of 2:30 for the 3x3.

Typo: Meant 3x3 OH :p
You might want to include a specific day :p

Typo as well. Jeez. I need to work on that.

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well i might be able to go it all depends on how our football team does. This is the weekend of the state championships! If we dont make i will be there for sure. If we do make im sorry but i wont be able to go. We will see when it comes closer. Is the a last day for online registration?

CubeWoRm

WCA
2010MILB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanx for starting this thread Austin. One change that will be coming to the schedule is that we wil be having 2 rounds of 2x2 instead of 3. We are on a strict schedule as we have to be out of the Venue by 5pm and the WCA thought we will run long with having 3 rounds. The website will be updated today.

Thanx,
Chris

AustinReed

WCA
2011REED01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well i might be able to go it all depends on how our football team does. This is the weekend of the state championships! If we dont make i will be there for sure. If we do make im sorry but i wont be able to go. We will see when it comes closer. Is the a last day for online registration?

The last day for online registration is the 26th
Thanx for starting this thread Austin. One change that will be coming to the schedule is that we wil be having 2 rounds of 2x2 instead of 3. We are on a strict schedule as we have to be out of the Venue by 5pm and the WCA thought we will run long with having 3 rounds. The website will be updated today.

Thanx,
Chris

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Oh well. So be it.
Congrats on being a delegate, btw :)

liljthedude

WCA
2011PIER02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh man. You'd think that after 6 months they might learn to not schedule it the same day as the SAT! Man! Not this again! But luckily I'm not taking the SAT that day, instead I'll be in a We The People competition for my AP Government class. Great, if it's not one thing it's another. WHY ME! So I'll be arriving late...AGAIN. Making up the events will be pretty jam packed. So if you're looking for an epic show, WATCH ME.