• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your thoughts on the new Private forum?

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys,
As you probably all know theres is a new "private forum" on speedsolving. I think the idea is fantastic but I think its unfair that only certain people can post. Why not just give everybody a chance to be in the private forum and then kick them out for posting stupidly? that way everybody is given a chance to post with respect also does it not anger those that cant post? because it does anger me. thanks for reading guys if you question anything I've said let me know and feel free to express your opinions. I am by no meanings trying to say that people shouldn't be kicked to to bad posts in fact I support the idea but I just feel that there is a sense of inequality.

Blake

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
Because they already know who posts stupid things, who contributes, and who won't be an ass in there. You weren't chosen to be included because the mods probably don't know you well, and you most likely don't contribute much. It's just much easier to just include the people who will contribute, instead of letting everybody post and then having to kick them out.

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the new forum, I can actually read a constructive thread without all the nubs posting. This might improve the quality of the rest of the forums as well. People might try improving their posts to "prove" to others that they belong in the new forum section.

H

Hershey

Despite the fact that I can't post on the Private forum, I LOVE IT!

It is good that we have a place where only people who are experienced can post. If you have a problem with that, keep it to yourself. If you have something good to contribute, post your ideas in the Random Cubing Discussion thread. If it is successful, post it in Constructive Speedcubing Discussion.

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Because they already know who posts stupid things, who contributes, and who won't be an ass in there. You weren't chosen to be included because the mods probably don't know you well, and you most likely don't contribute much.

Im not saying i should be in it i just think everybody should have a chance to be in without being judged on their previous posts and perhaps a positive thing like this might encourage them to post less crap

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
Im not saying i should be in it i just think everybody should have a chance to be in without being judged on their previous posts and perhaps a positive thing like this might encourage them to post less crap
I agree, but it hasn't even been up for a full day yet. Just give it some time, and I'm sure there'll be a ton more people in after a week or so.

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great idea. Let's let ben1996123 in. >.>
as I've said they should be kicked for stupid posts

@ Kirjava, Don't get me wrong I love the idea too but i just feel that if people knew that they couldn't post in certain areas because of their stupid posts that they would be less likely to post stupidly

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's there to generate creative discussion "without all the noise" as I believe Stachu (and probably Thom) said. I think it's a great idea, actually. I was going to post in the topic that was made today, and then I realized I couldn't so I was like :fp . Then I was about to PM Stachu as I believe he was the one who I was going to respond to, but then I left to go to my school's basketball game. When I came back, I found that someone else had already posted what I was going to say. I was like "Oh well, there'll probably be another chance soon enough for me to say something." Point is : The private forum wasn't made to make certain people feel excluded; it's there to produce discussion that will ultimately be good for the whole speedcubing community. If being allowed to post in that forum means so much to you, then prove on the regular forum that you can contribute to a meaningful discussion, and perhaps someone will recommend you.

~Jaycee

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the private forum is way to make people realize the quality of their post, which is in my opinion the goal. Despite being of the people in the private forum, I do look back and realize that I post way too much crap.

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
as I've said they should be kicked for stupid posts

No, we already know people like that would just post dumb things, so it'd be a waste of time to let everybody in, then kick 90% of them. Like I mentioned before, it's easier to just let the contributing members in first.
Also, before you complain about not getting into the new subforum, try filling out the form that pjk mentioned.

cubernya

Premium Member
I was actually surprised when I didn't see my name on the list. I thought most of my posts were good, but as waffo said looking back it's obvious lots weren't so good. Still would love to get it :p

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
I was actually surprised when I didn't see my name on the list. I thought most of my posts were good, but as waffo said looking back it's obvious lots weren't so good. Still would love to get it :p

Well, that's conceited.
Maybe you shouldn't make threads saying you got 5 LL skips in a row. :fp
Although I see you answering lots of questions in the OAQT, you also do things like telling brand new members to go to the "OAQT" like you expect them to know what it is. You have lots of posts, but that doesn't mean that they're all very contributing ones. Answer OAQT questions is not very contributing IMO. I would say contributing is something like taking part in a discussion, and suggesting more ideas. You can always fill out the form and see if you get in.