• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Megaminx sim (qMinx)

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In keeping with the idea of "if nobody's doing something difficult, do it yourself" (which is basically the reason for everything I do in cubing), I've ported IsoMinxSim to JavaScript. It should have all of the capabilities of qCube, but support minxes of various sizes. Please let me know if you find any problems with it.

EDIT: This simulator and its variations are now on my website:http://mzrg.com/js/
qMinxscreen.png

Backstory: I was bored and also tired of using IsoMinxSim, so I decided it would be a good first <canvas> project to put this together. Pretty much all of the code is either taken from qCube or directly ported from IsoMinxSim into the canvas/JS syntax. It took a few hours to get this to work (including testing and solving) but I think it's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but after I increase the size to anything above a megaminx, it won't return to megaminx size when I press - the proper number of times (and more times for good measure).
Regardless, you never cease to amaze me. :)
I probably won't use this much (if at all) in the future, but whatever. :p

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
7:56.911

1 2 | 2 1 503 @ 1.05

First time ever trying a megaminx sim :D

EDIT: third time:
3:54.228

1 2 | 2 1 403 @ 1.72

A lot later:
3:06.354

1 2 | 2 1 344 @ 1.85

Last edited:

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stefan, you have to stop the timer with spacebar :)

okay, so I changed the colour scheme to:
var colors = ["#888888","#FF92BB","#00ff00","#FFFFAA",
"#FF8600","#70DBDB","#0000ff","#ff0000",
"#ffff00","#00bb00","#5C246E","#ffffff"];

And now I did:
2:08.561

1 2 | 2 1 280 @ 2.18

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First solve:

5:43.616

504 @ 1.47

Edit: I found a bug, if you press + and get a gigaminx/anything higher, when you press -, the lowest you can get is gigaminx. You have to refresh the page to get a megaminx again.

Last edited:

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Edit: I found a bug, if you press + and get a gigaminx/anything higher, when you press -, the lowest you can get is gigaminx. You have to refresh the page to get a megaminx again.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but after I increase the size to anything above a megaminx, it won't return to megaminx size when I press - the proper number of times (and more times for good measure).
I said it first...

Anyway, 5:12.282, second try.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Btw, why is this on mediafire?
I couldn't log into my website :| I'll put it on there soon enough.

I clicked this thread and expected this:
[2 faces shown]
Haha. Unfortunately that type of layout doesn't work nearly as well for minx as for cubes.

Oh yeah, forgot to mess with that. Fixed (not on the mediafire though, just on my personal version).

qqwref: I would make $('c') a global variable, so you don't have to look it up each function.
Done.