• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] ShengShou 6x6x6

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Above Average

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Average

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does it really help? My V6 is super loose because I have had it so long and I feel as if the adjustable core would not do much besides either make it too lose or have it be too tight.

Maybe I am just spoiled by my Shenshou.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Shengshou 6x6x6 [Review]

This thread is for reviews of the Shengshou 6x6x6. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

Last edited by a moderator:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where was this puzzle purchased?
51morefun.com

When was the puzzle purchased?
A few weeks after the release. I can't remember the exact date

Thoughts on the puzzle?
If you don't mod it, it's alright. If you do, it can be really good. It's my favourite big cube- I even prefer it to my v-cube 7. I'm not sure if it's better than my v-cube, but I like it more

I put dayan springs in it and modded the pieces like crazy. Then I lubricated the springs/screws/core with lubix, and the pieces with D39. It reacts better to D39 than other silicon spray. I have it on a tight tension

edit: I would have voted average if I did no mods.

Last edited:

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where: Cubedepotusa. com

Date: October 19, 2011

Thoughts: As someone who hates modding any puzzle that I own, I got this as it is a like a fully "pi" modded V6. As an owner of an un-modded black V6, the Shengshou 6x6x6 is much better. But the "pi" has already done for you here. I will never be the fastest cuber ever, with my PB for the 6x6x6 at about 12 minutes (15 minute average) , so the Shengshou 6x6x6 will be perfectly fine for me right out of the box.

As an extra note, I also brought my Shengshou 8x8x8 from cubedepotusa.com as well on January 7, 2012.

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ShengShou 6x6x6 [Review]

This thread is for reviews of the 54.6mm Fangshi ShuangRen 3x3x3. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:
What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[youtubehd]d7rcPeCc53I[/youtubehd]

Took me forever to make this but late is better then never! And its even Sub 7 minutes. The shortest review i have ever made. Hopfully this satisfies you TL;DW people out there!!

Time Stamps:
Intro: 00:00
Size Comparison: 0:15
Turning: 0:52
Corner Cutting: 1:22
Sticker Quality: 1:55
Pieces: 2:28
Pops and Lockups: 3:09
Speed: 3:57
Recommendations: 4:53
Conclusion: 6:03

You can get this cube in many places including here:
http://bit.ly/I1S2cS
http://bit.ly/I1S7xn
http://bit.ly/I1S7xn
http://bit.ly/I1SmZa

If you havent seen the Unboxing of this click below:
http://bit.ly/I1TlbG

Hopefully this answers all your questions. If you have any questions dont hesitate to leave them below.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Definitely one of your better reviews.

You went straight to the point. Good job :)

Your V-Cube isn't modded though, right?

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good package review.
Just gotta say couple things.
Does your cube feels just fine with the original springs? Because my cube was horrible, way too stiff to cube with. I actually modded the springs, making them a lot of shorter than their original size.

I also have fully modded V-6 and it has great turning, way better than I have with this one atm, but V-6 pops too much while I try to cube with it, that was the reason I ordered this one.
But with v-cubes you just have to be lucky to get a good cube, my first one was good after modding it, second one was too stiff to put back together(it came 1 or 2 internal pieces short iirc, so it pretty much disassembled itself when I took it out of the box :p). I guess your V6 is also a bit stiff.

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good package review.
Just gotta say couple things.
Does your cube feels just fine with the original springs? Because my cube was horrible, way too stiff to cube with. I actually modded the springs, making them a lot of shorter than their original size.

I also have fully modded V-6 and it has great turning, way better than I have with this one atm, but V-6 pops too much while I try to cube with it, that was the reason I ordered this one.
But with v-cubes you just have to be lucky to get a good cube, my first one was good after modding it, second one was too stiff to put back together(it came 1 or 2 internal pieces short iirc, so it pretty much disassembled itself when I took it out of the box :p). I guess your V6 is also a bit stiff.

Yeah i have never replaced the springs but its fine with what it came with. Yeah it never got broken in and so there for sucks haha. I love the SS though so much better then the V6!!

Where I got it: TheCubicle
When: March 2012
My Thoughts: 9/10
There's not a lot of 6X6s out there but I think the SS blows them all out of the water in pretty much every area. Aside from slight popping issues, I don't see how this cube could be improved on.
I strongly recommend this cube