• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Michael Womack's cubing videos

andyfreeman

No disrespect but the vid would be far better if you'd spent the time and broken it in better like so it was like your original sub-30 cube. Plus there is a massive difference in the style of the two solves alone: it's not really a fair test.

For now I'll be sticking with my Zhanchi and keeping the Rubik's as a plaything or for multiple solves.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No disrespect but the vid would be far better if you'd spent the time and broken it in better like so it was like your original sub-30 cube. Plus there is a massive difference in the style of the two solves alone: it's not really a fair test.

For now I'll be sticking with my Zhanchi and keeping the Rubik's as a plaything or for multiple solves.

how?

andyfreeman

It's not fair because it's two different scrambles for starters: different starting conditions etc. One solve could be easier than the other. The only way to iron that out is an Ao5 or Ao12 for each of the solves: that would average out any inconsistencies and give a better idea as to how the cube performed in both cases.

Also the solves were CN, but I feel that the white on bottom solve had more "flow" to it: there were less pauses and it seems far fewer moves to it. Possibly you are better at white on bottom than other CN solves? I don't know how good you are at CN, but once again an average would smooth out any inconsistencies.

Last edited:
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
theres allready a billion videos about making rubiks brand cubes better. and besides, no one uses a rubiks brand cube anymore so STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT STUFF THAT EITHER WE ALLREADY KNOW OR STUFF THATS JUST A PLAIN BAD IDEA.

Screw you if you do it correctly and know f2l this can happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Specs112

WCA
2011ANDE03
Screw you if you do it correctly and know f2l this can happen

(video)

I really can't believe I'm deigning to give a response to such a worthless post, but here goes.

1. We all know F2L.

2. That video is of Yu goddamn Nakajima. He's 20% cooler than most people on this forum can ever hope to be. And it's the cuber, not the cube.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea he used a Rubik's DIY back in the day, that's what his video descriptions used to say. Also, this thread talks about the Rubik's DIY and everyone seems to talk about Yu in that thread, including Jason Baum.

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sure thing a Rubiks brand can be made really good if modded. Mine was not bad actually, but I switched it as soon as I hit the minute. Also I think when you start getting fast, it just isn't fun to use a Rubiks brand, too painful. But if your not as fast, and you don't want to buy a new cube, then this is a good tip. I don't agree with the price though. My GuHong was more expensive than my Rubiks brand. That might depend on country, but if the best cubes are way more expensive than the Rubiks wherever you live, I think a cheap Ghost Hand or something is a much better choice as a first speedcube. I costs almost nothing, and you don't have to mod it to make it way better than a Rubiks.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sure thing a Rubiks brand can be made really good if modded. Mine was not bad actually, but I switched it as soon as I hit the minute. Also I think when you start getting fast, it just isn't fun to use a Rubiks brand, too painful. But if your not as fast, and you don't want to buy a new cube, then this is a good tip. I don't agree with the price though. My GuHong was more expensive than my Rubiks brand. That might depend on country, but if the best cubes are way more expensive than the Rubiks wherever you live, I think a cheap Ghost Hand or something is a much better choice as a first speedcube. I costs almost nothing, and you don't have to mod it to make it way better than a Rubiks.

But some people don't want to pay for the cube and shipping at the same time and they might want it right away

aaronb

First all, you said that your method can make a Rubik's brand that is unable to get a sub 1 minutes go to a cube that you can always get a sub-1 on it? This is where "it's the cuber, not the cube" comes into meaning. And about your "For people who can't afford a nice cube" argument, you can get an FII or an A-V for a few dollars cheaper than a Rubik's brand.
But, I loved you solves, maybe brest can reconstruct them. (It helps convince someone if you actually show them the solves)

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First all, you said that your method can make a Rubik's brand that is unable to get a sub 1 minutes go to a cube that you can always get a sub-1 on it? This is where "it's the cuber, not the cube" comes into meaning. And about your "For people who can't afford a nice cube" argument, you can get an FII or an A-V for a few dollars cheaper than a Rubik's brand.
But, I loved you solves, maybe brest can reconstruct them. (It helps convince someone if you actually show them the solves)

if you get the f2 from amazon and the cube is $8 and shipping is $2 then it would be the same price as a rubiks brand