• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KOII Cube Club (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois)

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To the two above:

We'd like to start hosting competitions in southern Ohio/Kentucky, but have not received many requests from any potential and responsible organizers. I'd love to do some more traveling for delegating competitions - I'd just need to make sure that any potential organizer has a solid proposal for a competition.

If you want it that badly, find a venue and send me/KOII a detailed competition proposal. I'd love to be able to teleport and look for a venue anywhere I'd like, but that's just not possible.

STElNKE1

WCA
2014STEI01
Kit, I am signed up for the Michigan may madness. Was also going to go to the Dixon one but work got in the way. Holy Toledo was my first competition.

I have thought about hosting a competition but I will need to do a lot more research on what is needed for one. Any help in that department would be greatly appreciated. It would be in west central Ohio so which is pretty close to center for the whole koii region.

Also thanks for the replies =D

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kit, I am signed up for the Michigan may madness. Was also going to go to the Dixon one but work got in the way. Holy Toledo was my first competition.

I have thought about hosting a competition but I will need to do a lot more research on what is needed for one. Any help in that department would be greatly appreciated. It would be in west central Ohio so which is pretty close to center for the whole koii region.

Also thanks for the replies =D

You are registered! I better update your WCA ID in the registration then...

And yeah, organizing a competition is a bit of catch 22 - the best potential organizers are generally in the places that don't need them, because they get all the experience from having many other competitions close to them. Nice to hear that you're willing to travel for competitions, if you're ever interested in hosting one day, you should try to volunteer as a judge/scrambler at a future competition just to get a feel for what goes on behind the scenes. Sounds like that part of Ohio would be a great place for a competition too.

MalvinSeow

WCA
2009HUAN22
I have been cubing since 2009 and attended competitions for a few years until I went on a hiatus. Currently I am studying in the University of Kentucky, and I am thinking of organizing a cubing competition. As I have only moved here last year, I do not know any other local cubers around that could potentially help out! The idea has already been approved by the Math Department of my school, so it is just the matter of when and how to proceed.

So, I'm wondering if there are any active cubers around Lexington, KY? The last time KY had a competition was back in 2010. Hopefully we could restart a group in this area.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have been cubing since 2009 and attended competitions for a few years until I went on a hiatus. Currently I am studying in the University of Kentucky, and I am thinking of organizing a cubing competition. As I have only moved here last year, I do not know any other local cubers around that could potentially help out! The idea has already been approved by the Math Department of my school, so it is just the matter of when and how to proceed.

So, I'm wondering if there are any active cubers around Lexington, KY? The last time KY had a competition was back in 2010. Hopefully we could restart a group in this area.

I live In Louisville and I would really go to the Lexington Comp.

b0ssGuy23

WCA
2015FAZE01
Well, looks like we have another comp in this area, Queen City 2016!

I'm not the organizer or anything, but the website can be found here. Just bumping this thread so more people will know about it.

MalvinSeow

WCA
2009HUAN22
Well, looks like we have another comp in this area, Queen City 2016!

I'm not the organizer or anything, but the website can be found here. Just bumping this thread so more people will know about it.

Thanks for sharing the info! It's great to see that there will be a competition in KY. Really interested in attending, as it has been a long while since I have been to a competition. I've gotta start planning on how I'm going to travel there from Lexington, KY.

Is the club/thread still alive? I'm a Louisville cuber and would love to see a Louisville competition. I'm not sure I could organize it but I could donate to the cause.

seth0420

Is the club/thread still alive? I'm a Louisville cuber and would love to see a Louisville competition. I'm not sure I could organize it but I could donate to the cause.
I've trying to organize a comp in Louisville but I would need help.

seth0420

hello my name is Seth and I live in lower Indiana near Louisville. I want to hold a comp in Louisville but I need help any volunteers?

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
a.) Have you ever been to a competition? Having experience is very important in organizing, and there are plenty of comps close (Fort Wayne, Toledo, and some others).

b.) If you want to organize a competition, the first step would be to contact a delegate. You can find the list of delegates on the WCA site. They can help you from there.

seth0420

a.) Have you ever been to a competition? Having experience is very important in organizing, and there are plenty of comps close (Fort Wayne, Toledo, and some others).

b.) If you want to organize a competition, the first step would be to contact a delegate. You can find the list of delegates on the WCA site. They can help you from there.
yes I have been to a comp and I contacted Nathan Dwyer about holding one