• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

skeletonboy

Dayan products cannot express full potential until met with lube. I recommend using Diff Oil or Shock Oil. Cheap, works very well, very fast, so is smooth and is similar to one of the worlds best lube;Lubix.

If not, use 100% silicone sprays. Either CRC-Food Grade Silicone or CRC Heavy Duty or Jigaloo. Not much difference, mainly depends on where it is available. Only thing is that CRC leaves white things behind in your cube, but is widely used still. Jigaloo can melt your cubes for 30-60 seconds, so remember to work the cube in after lubing or else the melted plastic will start to mold with surrounding pieces causing a "block of plastic".

Vinny

WCA
2011VECC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lubix will make the cube a lot faster... Just make sure that you lube the core because that way the lube will last much longer.

Dayan products cannot express full potential until met with lube. I recommend using Diff Oil or Shock Oil. Cheap, works very well, very fast, so is smooth and is similar to one of the worlds best lube;Lubix.

If not, use 100% silicone sprays. Either CRC-Food Grade Silicone or CRC Heavy Duty or Jigaloo. Not much difference, mainly depends on where it is available. Only thing is that CRC leaves white things behind in your cube, but is widely used still. Jigaloo can melt your cubes for 30-60 seconds, so remember to work the cube in after lubing or else the melted plastic will start to mold with surrounding pieces causing a "block of plastic".

He said he's waiting for his Lubix, so I assume he'll be using that.

xcuber123

YouTube
Visit Channel
Lubix will make the cube a lot faster... Just make sure that you lube the core because that way the lube will last much longer.

He said he's waiting for his Lubix, so I assume he'll be using that.

i am going to be using crazybadcuber's tutorial on how to lube a zhanchi and also my zhanchi cuts line to line and pops quite a bit is that normal as well. coz if i make it looser it pops if i tighten it it doesnt cut corners that well

skeletonboy

i am going to be using crazybadcuber's tutorial on how to lube a zhanchi and also my zhanchi cuts line to line and pops quite a bit is that normal as well. coz if i make it looser it pops if i tighten it it doesnt cut corners that well

Lube it, tighten it, break it in, play with it, live with it. It's normal.

jblake17

WCA
2013BULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dayan ZhanChi Help

I have recently received my Dayan 5 ZhanChi cube that I bought on eBay for 17 bucks. It came from Hong Kong from a trusted seller, and I have to say that I am disappointed. The puzzle was protected, undamaged and looks perfectly fine, but it does not turn smoothly and it takes quite a bit of effort to turn with single fingers. As for corner cutting, it can cut no more than 30 degree angles. (with adjusted tensions) I also tried taking the torpedoes out and that didn't help. I don't know what lubricant I should be using, if any, and I'm very confused because reviews on youtube show the cube being incredible straight out of the box. And advice would be greatly appreciated!

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
Break it in, it makes all the difference, over time of course. Faz's Dayan 4x4 is only lubed and broken in, and it's amazing, even more so if you know how a brand new Dayan 4x4 feels.

AlexCube

WCA
2014HEIK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll get my Zhanchi in a week. Could someone tell me about these things?
1.Does Dayan Zhanchi have loud springs?
2.Dayan i'll get, is 55mm. Normal is 57mm. Does it make difference?
3.Does it have sharp edges?
4.Overall?

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice bump!

Zhanchi has plenty quiet springs, if they creak then lube it. Google 'cyoubix lube zhanchi', I'm mobile or I'd link.

55mm is 2mm smaller!! Makes it more manageable for one large hand or two small ones.

Not so sharp you'd cut yourself. The plastic is thick enough that you can file/sand the corners if they annoy you!

Overall, it's the cube the last half dozen single WRs were set with. Unless you're already sub 8 average, should be good enough for you! Arguably the best cube ever made.

kubikubia

A stickerless Dayan Zhanchi problem

I recently bought my Dayan zhanchi 5 stickerless cube. I don't remember why, but I tensioned it (I think it was becasue it always popped). After I did that'the cube just turned to be bad. It pops every solve, I tried EVERYTHING, I tentioned it, I loosed it, and nothing helped. I tried to tension according to youtube tutorials but according to them, I need to tension the cube until I can't tension it anymore. I tried that and it still doesn't help (altough I couldn't even move my cube when I tentioned it too much, and I don't know if this should happen or not).
I seriously don't know what to do, I'm can't even solve because I get a pop every second (and believe me, it's not "too much loose")...
Please help me :(

Imago

1. disassembled the cube.. check if there are any torpedoes broken or any issue with that
2. your tensions maybe not the same for each spring

i bought a dayan 5 zhanchi last 2days ago.
out of the box, it turns fairly fast, it was pre-lubed, it constantly locks probably it was the first time since 4 years that my hands get in the cube that so smooth like the zhanchi.

what i did is i removed the excess lube.
break in a little here and there
adjust tension for each spring.. until i get a fairly tight tension (about the same thickness as a penny) from the center cap to the center cubie.
atm i am constanly adjusting tension, fairly running so smooth.

ILMZS20

did you disassemble and check if the tensions are even? cause it doesnt matter if you turn every side by the same amount of moves or something like that it has to be even. you said you checked youtube tutorials, what did you use? you should use crazybadcubers one ( type in how to lube and tension a dayan zhanchi) and do exactly what he does. im 99% sure your cube is just horrible setup, idk what you did but it probably wasnt right especially "tension until you cant tension anymore" is a horrible idea and i would not suggest to listen to that person cause he cant really know what hes talking about when giving tips like that or he was trolling) . so yeah do what crazybadcuber does and you should be good. you are basically making yourself an unmodded lubix cube by that.

larosh12

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe u have the same problem as me . Zhanchi was overall my 2nd cube and first speed cube . it popped a lot because I was not used to speedcubes . after about 6 moths . I'm used to it and it doesn't pop much 1 in 15-20 solves . you will get used to it . Just keep practising .