• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubernya

Premium Member
Pop off the center caps. Then where that little tab is, look right under it. There should be some excess plastic...just remove it and it should stay on much better.

Cool Frog

Does it effect anything to the speed or anything

Think about it, Something on the center cap internally... effecting speed?

think some more
no
I would just fold up a very small piece of paper and put it on the side of the center cap to keep it in place. it just puts more pressure on it so it wont fall off.

This is also what many people did with the type F cube (since the caps frequently fell off)
I recommend doing this if the problem persists.

Last edited:

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would just fold up a very small piece of paper and put it on the side of the center cap to keep it in place. it just puts more pressure on it so it wont fall off.

hello1215

dayan zhanchi help

Hey guys,
Yesterday I got my dayan zhanchi in the mail, but it's too smooth so I can't control it and I overturn very often. Is there something I can do so it won't be so smooth except for tightening the screws because I already tried that but it didn't help.

Thanks.

cubernya

Premium Member
It's a Dayan cube. It's meant to be smooth. If it overturns, tighten and lube it, otherwise practice accurate turning

hello1215

I already tightened the screws very much but that didn't help at all and the corner cutting was getting worse.
I lubed it with maru lube.

DaveyCow

WCA
2012WING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with theZcuber: Dayan cubes (*especially* the Zhan chi, imho :)) are speedcubes and are meant to be smooth and cut corners. I wouldn't dream of tightening mine (I don't even lube it). Have you tried the GuHong (Dayan 2), Alpha-V, or Haiyan Memory (not just Haiyan)? They're not as smooth as the Zhanchi (imho, though others may disagree) and are still speedcubes, and you might find them more to your liking if you want something in between a normal Rubik's cube and the Zhanchi (F-II is a great cube too btw though is definitly more towards Zhanchi in terms of smooth and corner-cutting). The Haiyan Memory is like the Alpha-V esxept for that it doesn't lock up as much.

Deweyspunkis

WCA
2011GUEL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok well first of all Maru Lube makes your cube SO FAST... The thing is though that it wears out very quickly so your in luck. Just learn to finger trick and your cube will eventually slow down. Btw, I'm assuming your new because your cube is to fast for you so I'm again going to assume you don't know how to properly tension a cube. Since you tightened your screws your tensions might not be even. Look up a tutorial on youtube if you didn't turn the screws easily on all sides.

Jungleterrain

You're probably too slow for the cube. Go back to whatever cube you had first and once you are ready for the Zhanchi, bring it out and start using it. If you are not averaging sub-30, it's not going to help you at all. Even with a pretty crappy storebought one can get sub-20 times if you are good enough.

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Something you can do (if you're a beginner) is listen to me when I tell beginners not to buy such advanced cubes. No one ever wants to listen to me, but there's a reason I say these things. Dayan cubes can be very hard to control. The only thing you can do is buy a type C1 or good storebought, and build up turning accuracy before trying to use "cool" cubes.

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Keep playing with it. If you're used to something like a store bought, then the ZC is going to take getting used to, as most fast cubes do when you first make the switch. It's fast and over spins because you're used to whatever you have been using until now. I'm used to the DaYan cubes because I made the switch pretty early on. When I go back to my "lesser" cubes, I tend to under-spin the layers. You just need to get used to the amount force you need to apply to get them where you want them to be. Play with it as your main for a week or two and then come back and tell us what you think.

Last edited:

STOCKY7

WCA
2011STOC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need help with my Dayan Zhanchi

Hi to all,

Ive searched many threads and none really answered what i needed to know :/
anyway if you guys could answer these questions and/or give me any other info, that'd be great :D

1)how do you lube the zhanchi if its un-popable and cant come apart? i dont want to force mine open only to break it

2)does the zhanchi from cube addictions with the mod come pre-lubed???

3)how often should i lube my cube and how much should i add?

4)does cubing with a non-lubed cube ruin it? will it break my zhanchi? its just that im really chuffed to get it. it took 2 weeks to reach me and i dont want to ruin it.

5) how else can i take care of my zhanchi apart from lubing it?

6) lubes have to be silicone only don't they....?

sorry for all the questions, i just needed to get them all down out of my head. if these could be answered it really would help me out A LOT!

Last edited: