• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[New] Simulator with customizable face images

peterbone

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've updated my Rubix simulator to allow customised images on the faces. You can therefore use it as a super cube when images are used or a normal cube otherwise. Other additions include the ability to change the shape of the cubelets. It's not fully tested so if you find any bugs please tell me.
[Edit: Only for Windows]

http://pbone.it-mate.co.uk/Rubix_v3-2.zip

Here are some captures.

rubix3_caps.JPG

Last edited:

peterbone

YouTube
Visit Channel
Was just wondering. You could do that and earn some cash on the side.
I would if I had programming skills.
Well I do plan on doing that some time when I have time. Although, I'd prefer to write Android apps rather than iPhone. I'd like to port this rubik's simulator to android but I'd have to think about how the touch screen would work to rotate the whole cube or just a layer.

Has anyone tried using it with images yet. Any feedback?

RubikZz

WCA
2010HERR03
Well I do plan on doing that some time when I have time. Although, I'd prefer to write Android apps rather than iPhone. I'd like to port this rubik's simulator to android but I'd have to think about how the touch screen would work to rotate the whole cube or just a layer.

Has anyone tried using it with images yet. Any feedback?

Maybe you can tur the whole cube with 2 or 3 fingers.