• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcube Timer [Website]

ricehigh

Hi everybody,

I have recently created a new cube timer for speedcubing applications. Most timers out there are perfectly fine for timing applications, but I think they lack the possibility to see my progress over time.

So anyway, it is a simple cube timer that allows you to time your speedsolves. Functions include:
  • Simplistic design
  • Ability to see your speedsolving progress through charts.
  • You may register as a user, so that you may record your speedsolve times no matter which computer you're at (not optional, unless your browser doesn't accept cookies)
  • Simple scramble generator for 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5 and 6x6x6 cubes.
  • Track your times for individual cube types.

You may find the cube timer at: http://timeyourcube.com

I hope some of you finds it useful - and please let me know what you think :)

Edit: Issues with the scrambler and spacebar behavior should be fixed.

Last edited:

Clayy9

TimeYourCube.com said:
This semi-advanced speedcube timer was created with inspiration of the fantasticly simple speedcube timer at www.cubetimer.com. However, being kinda nerdy, I felt that it lacked features helping me to see my progress in speedsolving. For this purpose I have created an opportunity to view charts that will show you how your speedsolving evolves over time.

Yes, very similar to CubeTimer. If gqTimer didn't already do this, I might have used it when I didn't have access to my offline timer.

Last edited:

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
U2 B2 B2 D2 R2 B2 U' F R2 U L' U2 L' F2 L R B2 U

Issue?

It does look nice, though, and if tweaked, I might use this more.

ricehigh

i noticed when you hold down the spacebar it goes crazy. other than that and the odd scrambles it looks pretty good

edit: B2 R2 R B' F' L' F2 U D' U2 R' D' F2 B' D U' L' F also noticed this

It certainly seems that my experience with coding scramblers could've been better. I might tidy it up sometime tomorrow :)

chicken9290

Banned
dude i used you timer and got this as part of a scramble D2 U' D'.

Do you not see anything wrong with that

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
i noticed when you hold down the spacebar it goes crazy. other than that and the odd scrambles it looks pretty good

It looks COOL when you do that. Thanks for pointing that out. It's a problem though..

Clayy9

2x2 Scramble: D2 F L D2 R U' L2 R2 L2 U2 L D L2 U2 F' L2 R B2
L2 R2 L2?

U2 B2 B2 D2 R2 B2 U' F R2 U L' U2 L' F2 L R B2 U

dude i used you timer and got this as part of a scramble D2 U' D'.

D2 F F' D2 L B' F2 L F2 B2 F2 R B2 D' L2 D L' R2

I do believe you have made your point. Ricehigh has mentioned that they will be correcting it.

ricehigh

i noticed when you hold down the spacebar it goes crazy. other than that and the odd scrambles it looks pretty good...

I have changed the behavior of the timer such that the timer starts when you release spacebar, and stops when you press it. Please let me know if this behavior is better.

I do believe you have made your point. Ricehigh has mentioned that they will be correcting it.

As many of you have noticed, my original scramble algorithm provided invalid scrambles rather often. To correct this, I have implemented Jaap's scramble algorithm on the site. As far as I can see it provides valid scrambles for 2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5, 6x6x6 and 7x7x7. Although, let me know if this scramble algorithm also provides invalid scambles for you.
Note, however, that Jaap hasn't yet replied my email asking for permission to use his scrambler, so I may or may not need to remove this scrambler from the website in the future.

Let me know what you think :)