• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KConny

WCA
2007LUND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't cube while listening to something I like. Say System of a Down or Slipknot I like them and pay to much attention to the tune and it's rythm that my speed is far beyond my ability. So I have to listen to something mellow or something I dislike. :p

Hadley4000

WCA
2008SHEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Cubers who like Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, and Porcupine Tree! And I thought I'm the odd one out!

Err... I like to cube without music though.

I don't like LTE or PT.

I normally don't listen to stuff like Dream Theater, but I idolize John Petrucci. Plus, I loooove their epic songs. Six Degrees Of Inure Turbulence is one of the best epics ever written.

My favorite stuff is more mellow. John Butler Trio, Dave Matthews Band, Xavier Rudd. And a lot of jam bands. Grateful Dead, Phish, moe., Keller Williams.

Dave Matthews Band is my main cubing music. Every record on my 3x3x3 I have set has been while listening to DMB. :eek:

Last edited:

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since we are talking of shows I think I am going to go to Bury Your Dead this week :) Not my favorite band but I like one of the other bands they are playing with With Blood Comes Cleansing.
I suppose if I had their songs on my computer I would cube to them...

wryyl

Anything fast paced, or none at all.

Usually I put on stuff like Dark Tranquillity, Metallica, Epica, Arch Enemy, Nightwish, Amon Amarth, etc. Mostly melodic death and symphonic goth. Either those or I just put my playlist on shuffle. Music doesn't really affect my times anyway.

Anything I have playing at the moment. Right now it's Children of Bodom.
Any death, black, power, melodeath, symphonic metal, grindcore or Japanese pop will do.

I saw Opeth live once, and I left halfway through their second song. I went only for Dark Tranquillity anyway.