• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Brony Thread

Are you a Brony?

• Yes

Votes: 92 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 118 33.3%
  • Brony?

Votes: 144 40.7%

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
The original voice was actually a mistake on the voice actor's part. It was misunderstood that Dərpy's character was male. So the voice-change is a legitimate fix. However, the removal of the eyes and the name kinda bother me.

Yes, that's the part that bothers me too. However, there were apparently people that got offended that Derpy was "mentally handicapped". First of all, I don't think the way Derpy was depicted could be considered mentally handicapped. She was an absent-minded klutz, and that's all.

Secondly, I'd like to say, even if she was mentally handicapped, there shouldn't be a problem with that. There is a youtube comment that can pretty much sum up the views of many: "as a disabled person im more offended that they thought portraying a disabled pony on tv is offensive." Disabled people do not need to be separated from other people. That in itself, can be offensive.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Keep in mind that this is supposed to be a kids' show. Even though Derpy's role wasn't supposed to be offensive, the writers may have gone a bit too far with her part in that scene. Since they used her to add humour in the scene, it's understandable why people could find it offensive.

Last edited:

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Keep in mind that this is supposed to be a kids' show. Even though Derpy's role wasn't supposed to be offensive, the writers may have gone a bit too far with her part in that scene. Since they used her to add humour in the scene, it's understandable why people could find it offensive.

While true, I feel that maybe they should have just left her out altogether then. It's the post-edit that gets to me.

JohnLaurain

Oh god, Cupcakes and Sweet Apple Massacre have just scarred my mind beyond comprehension. Can anyone suggest some good ponyfics?
Also, I've gotta get a good pony avatar now, maybe future Twilight?

Specs112

WCA
2011ANDE03
Homestuck IS awesome... although I stopped reading it when there was a long hiatus a few months back, and haven't restarted yet. I definitely wouldn't call it an avatar bandwagon though, at least not on THIS forum...

Referring to the end of Act 5 hiatus where he spent 2 months working on the Cascade flash, I presume.

Act 6 is complete mind**** anyway.

Hmmm, which pony should I use as my avatar, if I decide to do that?