• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JemFish

If you use Yau, 3-2-3. 4-4 leaves nothing left... 3-2-3 is considered the best compromise between move count and awful case reduction (6-2 theoretically uses fewer moves, but you'll get awful cases far more often).

Yeah, what was I saying? I meant [3-3-whatever's left]. But I guess I'll try 3-2-3.

OkinawaSolver

New to 4x4

Uh I intuitively got to last layer but I'm stuck what do I do here? Is this parody or something I didn't disassemble my cube or anything.
8d4bdfc1b58eab5190055a0f421b0b4b.jpg
thanks in advance.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Look into K4 to solve the last layer or the standard way beginners learn to solve 4x4 is with reduction. There are a few videos on YouTube about K4 and loads on reduction.

I hope this helps.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't find anything about k4 and every time I get to last layer its fragmented like so
Are you trying to say that your edges aren't automatically paired up? Of course they aren't, it's a 4x4x4.

Solve the corners like you would on 3x3x3, and then ELL is here: http://snk.digibase.ca/k4/7.htm But if you want to keep doing solves, you should look into a reduction method, because it's way easier than something that leaves one layer for the end, and there are also many more tutorials on reduction.

Or if you have 32 GB of RAM you can download the latest version of my 4x4x4 solver :)
Uh, doesn't your solver require a set of moves to bring you to the position you want to solve? I can't imagine he would get much use out of your program if he can't solve it at all :p

OkinawaSolver

Are you trying to say that your edges aren't automatically paired up? Of course they aren't, it's a 4x4x4.

Solve the corners like you would on 3x3x3, and then ELL is here: http://snk.digibase.ca/k4/7.htm But if you want to keep doing solves, you should look into a reduction method, because it's way easier than something that leaves one layer for the end, and there are also many more tutorials on reduction.

Uh, doesn't your solver require a set of moves to bring you to the position you want to solve? I can't imagine he would get much use out of your program if he can't solve it at all :p

That website is incredibly helpful thanks :)

Okay I solved it once but edge pairing is very frustrating any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:

OkinawaSolver

[Help thread] 4x4 Discussion

You forgot to finish edge pairing. You don't need to create a new thread for every question.

Thanks and sorry. Where do I go if I can't find a thread related to a problem im having. And sorry I'll look harder next time. I'll probably use the forum on my computer instead of the app maybe it'll be easier to search. No excuses though, I apologize for my inconvenience.

Last edited: