• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yo-Yo discussion

CarlG

Hello, I am new to cubing and have about a 5 min time, and I yoyo also. Id like to know how many throwers we have here

CarlG

Thats an old vid, look around in my channel for more :D

Last edited by a moderator:

CarlG

i see i may be the only SERIOUS thrower. i dont mean rock the baby, im talking ladder escape, pure 143, and whut, stuff noone on this forum knows... *sigh*

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My brother is actually pretty good. He has like 33 yoyo's. I have a bunch of yoyo's but i barley use them i let my brother do all tricks and stuff. Also Taylor Noyes is a 3 time Colorado state champ and also is a cuber. Im just not sure if he is on here...

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I fail... I know like split the atom >.<' and maybe also a drop in the bucket variation, that is supposed to be harder than drop in the bucket XP

CarlG

I fail... I know like split the atom >.<' and maybe also a drop in the bucket variation, that is supposed to be harder than drop in the bucket XP

Wrist mount perhaps? maybe drop in bucket via jade?

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
started yo-yoing one week ago, so Im new to it, but I will get better (hopefully) ^_^

can just do sleeper, walk the dog, irish flag (or what the name is, dont remember), eiffel tower, rock the baby, forward pass, around the world, breakaway, UFO (working on catching better) and gravity pull, practicing trapeze atm, cant get it back after mounting it on the string

So yeah, mostly sleeper tricks right now :3

gyc6001

WCA
2009CHYI01
I have played yoyo for more than a year or so and my favourite playing style is 5A.
I am currently using YYF Yuuksta (purple).
I know a few 5A tricks including helicopter, electronic fan, arial, bee stings etc, which you can learn all of them in youtube.
check out this video if you are keen to 5A:

CarlG

YAY!! 2 serious throwers! I like yuuki slack but ladder escape tops the rest IMO. me+5a=failure. im still working on multi pinwheels. i can almost do besting but 1a is my style really

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My brother is actually pretty good. He has like 33 yoyo's. I have a bunch of yoyo's but i barley use them i let my brother do all tricks and stuff. Also Taylor Noyes is a 3 time Colorado state champ and also is a cuber. Im just not sure if he is on here...

My friend Taylor is extremely good. I was planning to go to AZ open with him but it's on the same day as his YoYo comp. He is planning to be champion again!

It's mesmerizing~

NeedReality

WCA
2010MARK03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm decent I suppose, but I only practice maybe once a week nowadays as I have other things to do. I never got serious enough to go to a competition, though (not that I was that good) - yo-yoing is like juggling for me, purely for fun.