• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Starting a Forum

theace

WCA
2010RAOA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wanted to create a forum for the Indian cubing community. The FB group is getting rather crowded and it's difficult to keep track of posts. I have absolutely no experience with any sort of web designing/hosting/stuff. Could you guys guide me? I don't know how much domains cost and all. As of now, I'd prefer having a free forum. I found a couple of sites. Do you think any of these are reliable?

Make Forum
Forum motion
Forums Free
Free Forums

Mods, in case I'm not supposed to post those links, please delete them!

Thanks in advance guys!

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know these, only know RouxCentral once was at forummotion so maybe those guys can judge it. In any case, especially with free stuff I'd recommend making regular backups in case the provider has a bad day and decides to just stop the service or delete your account. Since you want it for India, I'd say also look for providers in India which may be better for you.

Last edited:

theace

WCA
2010RAOA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've managed to get a forum up (Thanks to Lucas Garron). I'm having some issues with Administrating it. I've modeled it after the SS forums. For some reason, the last 2 categories I have created aren't visible at all! Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

EDIT: I figured out what the issue was. I hadn't copied permissions.

Last edited: