• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Brisbane

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry i couldn't make it, looked like fun!

Who organized it and will there be another one in the near future?

It was fun :)
ClearThing organised it with Joshua Li.
Yes, there will most likely be another competition again, most likely quite soon. ALSO, Tim said that he will probably organise a 10-30 contestant OFFICIAL WCA competition in Queensland (Brisbane).
Which is very good news for our scene.

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited by a moderator:

sunnycoaster

Who was the MC?
Someone from clear thinking?
I'm assuming she isn't a cuber due to a reasonably.... low knowledge of the terminology

Last edited:

ng mun san

any speedcubers in brisbane,Australia?

Hi guys,I'm a cuber from Malaysia.Recently I came here to study abroad because my dad is working here. I'm a chinese, so of course my English is not very great ...whatever, let we be a real friend ~~~come out gathering or something...

Tazi

Just popping into this thread to ask if anyone in/around Brisbane is still doing meet ups (casual or otherwise)? I've been looking for groups everywhere but there doesn't seem to be any that are active. :(

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just popping into this thread to ask if anyone in/around Brisbane is still doing meet ups (casual or otherwise)? I've been looking for groups everywhere but there doesn't seem to be any that are active. :(

Hi Tazi,
The only thing that I can recommend for this area (Brisbane are) is to join this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/316715901774024/
Other than that, good luck to you :)

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, meeting up during the holidays and doing unofficial competitions sounds great! If there are still enough active Brisbane cubers, maybe we could organise something?
I hope we can figure something out, Cos i am DYING to go to a competition!!

(By the Way, I average 14 sec for 3x3, 3.5-4 sec for 2x2, and 6 sec for Pyraminx)

ZeshaaK

WCA
2015KHOK02
Hey guys, meeting up during the holidays and doing unofficial competitions sounds great! If there are still enough active Brisbane cubers, maybe we could organise something?
I hope we can figure something out, Cos i am DYING to go to a competition!!

(By the Way, I average 14 sec for 3x3, 3.5-4 sec for 2x2, and 6 sec for Pyraminx)

Hey!

You should join our facebook group. Its called "Cubing in Queensland". We have meetups once every few weeks or so in Brisbane. Our last meetup was a few days ago.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all you Brisbaners, why don't some of you ask your teachers at school to see if you could organise a room for a competition one weekend? I think you'll find the right teachers are very cooperative with the idea. If you can get a room and some tables and chairs together, me and Tim will do the rest, and we can make it official. That's all we need from you.

ZeshaaK

WCA
2015KHOK02
Hey all you Brisbaners, why don't some of you ask your teachers at school to see if you could organise a room for a competition one weekend? I think you'll find the right teachers are very cooperative with the idea. If you can get a room and some tables and chairs together, me and Tim will do the rest, and we can make it official. That's all we need from you.

Wow really? I will post this onto our facebook group and see if we can come up with something.

ZeshaaK

WCA
2015KHOK02

Hey Dene. If we do find a venue, what dates would be suitable for the comp?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Dene. If we do find a venue, what dates would be suitable for the comp?

We're pretty full up for earlier in the year, so perhaps look more at May/June/July. April might be doable if someone else (Ray or Tim) is able to delegate, as the football might keep me busy at that time.

The other thing, if we're going to look at having more comps there, is to find someone who might be suitable as a delegate...

If you want to take things to the next step, e-mail Tim and myself (include Ray if you have his e-mail address) and we'll see what comes of it.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey!

You should join our facebook group. Its called "Cubing in Queensland". We have meetups once every few weeks or so in Brisbane. Our last meetup was a few days ago.

I don't have facebook, so I'll get my parents to like the facebook page :D

Also, for organising an official competition in the future, the church that I go to could be an option for another comp, it's a fair amount of space with plenty of chairs/tables. Pretty much every saturday would be okay to use, but I'll have to check the date just in case if we DO decide to use the venue :)

Renox

Brisbaner(Redcliffe) here. I average about 28 seconds(PB is like 20) on the 3x3 and an average of 11 on the 2x2 although the I haven't practiced it much.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Brisbane cubers,
I heard from the facebook page that there will be a meetup at garden city this saturday, and as I have only just heard about these meetups, it will be my first one.

Also, can anyone tell me what time you guys are meeting up at? and if there is anything else I should know? I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks

ZeshaaK

WCA
2015KHOK02
Hey Brisbane cubers,
I heard from the facebook page that there will be a meetup at garden city this saturday, and as I have only just heard about these meetups, it will be my first one.

Also, can anyone tell me what time you guys are meeting up at? and if there is anything else I should know? I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks

Hey

Nothing is final yet. However once we have decided on a suitable time, I will post it here as well.