• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Speedcube Ever!

jangman

what did was i got some well broken in pieces from winning-moves rubiks. they were lubed with petroleum which s very bad for the cube, but anyway i then got a hasbro rubik's cube brand and put the winning moves lube with petroluem jellty onto the hasbro rubik's center. Now it moves better than a cube4you diy. sounds cooler like a cube that nakajima would useand it never pops. if it does pop, it doesnt often. i have used this cube for the past 5 months. not a single pop.

Dcuber

I'm sorry to say this but ur cube a basically dead
I used petroliem jelly and it was awsome, at first...
Black stuff starts to invade core and pieces
The core literally turns black!

A

andrewvo1324

Hybrid lol..

j/k! i wanted to do that... but like im poor and dont feel like buying cubes.

and good look with cubing!!! any cube can be the best

RAwR!

jonny guitar

I'm sorry to say this but ur cube a basically dead
I used petroliem jelly and it was awsome, at first...
Black stuff starts to invade core and pieces
The core literally turns black!

bah....nonsense. I have a cube that is over 25 years that was lubed solely with petroliem jelly and used extensively; still has the original stickers and is in great shape. It is not the best lube out there b/cuz it is too mushy feeling but I don't agree with it ruining your cube. The black stuff is just the plastic dust mixed in with the lube and you need to clean it off with a rag.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hybrid lol..

j/k! i wanted to do that... but like im poor and dont feel like buying cubes.

and good look with cubing!!! any cube can be the best

RAwR!

So you think with a keychain cube you're going to ever do sub-15? :p
Not me personaly, but I heard Macky had done a sub-15 average on keychain.

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
And just to let you know, Nakajima popped his main cube at WC a couple times during practice/races, and even a POP in his first round. So his cubes are good, but poppable. It about how precise your turning is that determines the likeliness of you popping the cube.

"Noobs" can have some really nice store cubes. They play and play without the lube, sometimes using petroleum jelly to lube and made the plastic "softer", but after it is lubed with silicon, it is pretty darn good.

Last edited:
A

andrewvo1324

And just to let you know, Nakajima popped his main cube at WC a couple times during practice/races, and even a POP in his first round. So his cubes are good, but poppable. It about how precise your turning is that determines the likeliness of you popping the cube.

"Noobs" can have some really nice store cubes. They play and play without the lube, sometimes using petroleum jelly to lube and made the plastic "softer", but after it is lubed with silicon, it is pretty darn good.

True.

I had a rubiks brand on christmas 2006 i used jelly then lubed it later its pretty good.

I STARTED SPEEDCBUING in 2007 november,.

jangman

i am not saying that petroleum jelly is good for the cube, but when i was a noob i used it and that old cubies are dead but the core isnt.